Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to James Erwin (Prufrock451) on 'Rome Sweet Rome'

Some of you DDP'ers might have seen this story already, but our colleague James Erwin (Prufrock451) recently struck Internet gold when his spontaneous sci-fi story ROME SWEET ROME gained a massive following on the social news website Reddit.com.

The popularity of the story led to him getting a manager (Adam Kolbrenner at Madhouse Entertainment) and the opportunity to turn his story into a feature film script.

James was cool enough to do a short interview with me for ScreenRant.com. You can check it out here:

http://screenrant.com/james-erwin-ro...t-robf-131012/

Obviously, there's still a long way to go before RSR becomes a movie, but this is still a pretty incredible story and a good reminder that opportunities can appear anywhere and at anytime.

Re: Congrats to James Erwin (Prufrock451) on 'Rome Sweet Rome'

that's a pretty cool story!

thanks for sharing....!

Comment

Yeah, I saw this...Pretty derned Kewl!...I imagined James walking around saying "Don't pinch me don't pinch me, I don't wanna wake up". Everything happened so fast his head musta been spinning something fierce.

CONGRATS!

Midnite

Comment

Big ups! Nice work man.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Glad he jumped the gun on this because it's been an idea I've been wanting to write, except mine deals with Navy SEALS who are sent back to the civil war to change the course of the war.

And I can swear, Spielberg was developing an idea about SEALS who go back in time and with their military might of like 5-6 guys and their technology changes the outcome for a political candidate in the present day.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.

Comment

Originally posted by dog678 View Post
            Glad he jumped the gun on this because it's been an idea I've been wanting to write, except mine deals with Navy SEALS who are sent back to the civil war to change the course of the war.

And I can swear, Spielberg was developing an idea about SEALS who go back in time and with their military might of like 5-6 guys and their technology changes the outcome for a political candidate in the present day.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of this.
            Your idea sounds a bit like the Sonny Chiba flick GI Samurai, which is a lot of fun. I'm surprised none of Harry Turtledove's alternate histories haven't been translated to screen.

Oh, and, of course best of luck to James Erwin! Doesn't matter how you get there.... just get there!
            @MacBullitt

Comment

Working...
            X