Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Caren Bohrman

Sadly, just heard of the passing of Caren Bohrman. I didn't know her well, but we interacted over the past few years and I always found her to be funny, polite, professional, and a pleasure to talk to.

Re: RIP Caren Bohrman

A true one of a kind class act. She retired and moved over the summer due to her health. She will be greatly missed by me and countless others. RIP, Caren.

Comment

Yeah, I knew she had been ill for quite some time. RIP.
      http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I never knew her, but I did look her up a while ago and heard nothing but good things about her.
        what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Rest... no more pain.

Comment

I didn't know her either, but from her reputation, she was always one of the representatives on top of my wish list. Reading her sister's words about her, the world's just lost one of its best representatives. Rest in peace, Caren.

Comment

I got signed by her in May 2011 and on the same day I found out I had an offer to buy my third script in July this year, she told me she was very sick and closing up shop by the end of August. She didn't even get the 6 months the doctors promised her. She died in three. She apparently had a very virulent form of cancer and things were hopeless.
              Not only was she a great agent -- returned calls the same day, responded to e-mails within an hour or two, had a great eye for details in scripts and loved the business and her clients -- but a great lady. I considered her a friend. And I am still heartbroken by her loss.

Comment

Dear JTWG50,

I am truly sorry for your loss. From everything you've said and all I've read,
                she was truly unique in her dedication, professionalism and compassion as a
                manager. She will be missed. Take care.
                " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Sad news... sounds like she was both a great rep and a great person.

Comment

Just heard this news from my own agent. Very sad indeed.
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

Wow, total shocker. How sad. 56 is way too young. RIP.

Having a mother who died from fast-growing cancer, I'm curious as to whether anybody knows what kind of cancer it was.

Oh, and: F*CK CANCER!

Comment

Ampullary

Comment

Her's was the kindest "no" I ever received, after querying her about one of my scripts. Great Lady, now gone to where there is no more pain. God bless her.

Comment

Huge bummer. Condolences to Michael and her family.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by jtwg50 View Post
                              I got signed by her in May 2011 and on the same day I found out I had an offer to buy my third script in July this year, she told me she was very sick and closing up shop by the end of August. She didn't even get the 6 months the doctors promised her. She died in three. She apparently had a very virulent form of cancer and things were hopeless.
                              Not only was she a great agent -- returned calls the same day, responded to e-mails within an hour or two, had a great eye for details in scripts and loved the business and her clients -- but a great lady. I considered her a friend. And I am still heartbroken by her loss.
                              John, I know you knew her well. What a sad sad thing to learn. She sounds wonderful. I think Billy Joel got this one right.
                              Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

Working...
                              X