Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screenplay agency

reguarding the "screenplay agentcy", I sent them synopsis'(s) of my scripts, now they requested my work. has anybody heard of them?
    I can't find out anything about them Hmmmm.

Thanks
    Ed

Re: screenplay agency

I have the same query below. No responses yet. Can't find anything about them anywhere either.

Comment

I found something on them. Go to the web and put in
      (L.A.G.) SCREENPLAY AGENCY and their sister agenties will come up as well.
      that's the best info I found yet, try it.
      ED

Comment

Yup. Got it. Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone heard back from them yet, They say they get back in 7-10 days and I was just wondering as I sent them my script also and was just curious?

Snowman

Comment

snowman, I sent them two of my scripts, and SHERRY FINE got back to me in 3 days. I then e-mailed Sherry pertaining the contract , she responded in 2 days. What I'm saying is, if they're interested in your work they will get back to you, I'm sure, then again I don't know anything about them myself as of yet.
            Try to query them again. And if you won any screenplay comps, mention it, I did. Maybe that's why they got back to me so promptly who knows.
            Best of luck
            ACTOR

Comment

The following is from PREDITORS and EDITORS

Literary Agency Group, Inc., The (aka LAG): Strongly not recommended. The parent organization for the Children's Literary Agency, the Christian Literary Agency, the New York Literary Agency, and Stylus Literary Agency (formerly Sydra-Tech Literary Agency and later as ST Literary Agency). The following address is a mail drop. None of the agencies are actually located there. Contact at :
              275 Madison Ave, 4th Floor
              New York, NY 10016

Comment

Thanks writer1
                Do you know of an agent to send my scripts too.
                One of them came in the top 10 in BARE BONES F F this year, AND
                My second one is in YOUR TICKET TO HOLLYWOOD still ongoing.
                Please, any help writer1.
                Thanks
                ACTOR

Comment

I forgot to mention, the screenplay agency e-mailed me contact info and a 1-866 TOLL FREE # and I spoke with some one in the literary department pertaining to the contract and they stated that they want no money, only if they make a sell. Should I still stay clear, are they a scam? I never had a litarary agent bofore, HELP.
                  Thanks writer1
                  ACTOR
                  Last edited by ACTOR; 10-25-2005, 02:36 PM.

Comment

The reply to me was timely but simply a boilerplate. In it they used two sentences to refer to representation and seven pages about purchasing a critique.

I was rather expecting at least a fill-in-the-blank reply that proposed how they would represent me and a comment about their readerâ€TMs coverage.

Instead, a blanket is thrown over whatever was sent saying, no matter the quality of the material, that it needs more work … it needs a critique.

They present the firm as agents and yet speak as a manager would. An agent looks at a script (or at a coverage) and says â€yea†or â€nay.†A contract is negotiated and the agent tries to hawk the script. A manager wants to re-make the script to conform to his own concept of what will sell. Moreover, a production company has a Director of Acquisitions, not an agency.

I did not see a proposal to represent. I cannot find a list of sales negotiated. They spoke of promoting my work, while I am looking for an agent to sell my work.

Sadly, there is nothing in what was sent under Sherry's name that gives the slightest indication that they even read my script.

I concluded that they are more interested in providing a service to refer people whose writing needs edited and not in acting as agents to represent anyone.

Comment

I got the same response, only you said it better than I could!

Snowman

Comment

I totaly agree! Thanks for the "eyes open" on this. good points.
                        thanks Emilio
                        "actor"

Comment

Guys, you are the best. I have found also this site... Cut them off...

Comment

It is a scam I'm afraid, by a well known scamster. Everyone who approaches them gets the same boilerplate treatment and steered towards a 'sister' company to pay for a 'critque'.
                            No legitimate agent asks for a critique of your work. And no legitimate agent would send you a seven page boilerplate.
                            http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

A must read if you want to know the skinny on this group.

Before you query these people, do this.

http://imdb.com/board/bd0000019/nest/27796320 sign up is free--it's worth the time.

and

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=362466#post362466

Mo8

Comment

Working...
                              X