• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes 4-23-07

I thought it was well worth the wait.
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Re: Heroes 4-23-07

Yeah, this show is doing everything right. They've only improved since the first episode. I still don't think it's quite as deep as one other particular show on TV (set on an island ), but it's damn good.

So are they suggesting that everything we are seeing here, this whole season 1 "story," was set in motion because Future Hiro found the proper points in history to intervene? It always gets difficult with time travel. But I feel like this show is on the cusp of really putting it together in the next few episodes.

Ele...

Comment

I liked this episode. It was pretty good.

I do have my worries about the next one, though. It's being hyped as "what would happen if our heroes failed." I just hope it's not simply one big parenthesis in the main storyline to explore that "what if." I hope it at least has some effect on the real (present) storyline beyond Hiro learning what he has to change in the past to avoid the explosion. I admit it would be cool to gilmpse into the future and it definitely matches the style of the show, but I was one of the people who didn't dig the "Six Months Earlier" episode and this one feels dangerously close to that.

Comment

I thought the story was fantastic...but was it me or was the dialogue terribly clunky? Some of the lines were just ridiculous and out of character.

Overall, still a fan of the show, but man...that dialogue...
        ------------------------------------------
        "I suffer as always from the fear of putting down the first line. " - John Steinbeck

Comment

I would have loved to see Sarash getting in the cab with Peter's body...

Comment

This was a good episode, but I had a hard time with the "OMG Peter's dead" act break. We all knew he wasn't dead, so it wasn't the big drama I expect from this show.

That said, HRG, Parkman and Ted teaming up is a stroke of brilliance.

And, I was totally caught unawares by Jessica not being Jessica. I love it when a show surprises.
            "I believe that discrimination exists in Hollywood, but ... its much less of an obstacle then poor writing, poor marketing, poor networking and being a whiny little bitch." -- JKK

Comment

Originally posted by Priya View Post
              This was a good episode, but I had a hard time with the "OMG Peter's dead" act break. We all knew he wasn't dead, so it wasn't the big drama I expect from this show.

That said, HRG, Parkman and Ted teaming up is a stroke of brilliance.

And, I was totally caught unawares by Jessica not being Jessica. I love it when a show surprises.
              Yeah... when Jessica has no idea what has happened to her son?!

Then Isacc is dead!? What?! What a horror to see what happened to him.

Well, guess we can see what happens next week!?
              D. Alin
              http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Frankly, I was a little disappointed to see them cribbing the storyline from The Watchmen, but it does introduce an interesting wrinkle and let us question some of the assumptions that we'd been encouraged to make up until now.

That's always a plus.
                "The only reason most scripts are bad is because most people can't write." Leslie Dixon

Comment

Originally posted by pconsidine View Post
                  Frankly, I was a little disappointed to see them cribbing the storyline from The Watchmen, but it does introduce an interesting wrinkle and let us question some of the assumptions that we'd been encouraged to make up until now.

That's always a plus.
                  What did they crib from The Watchmen?
                  ------------------------------------------
                  "I suffer as always from the fear of putting down the first line. " - John Steinbeck

Comment

Isaac's death is interesting. I posted earlier that I believe Hiro's actions from the future spawned everything we're seeing to prevent the bomb. But Hiro's actions are most likely based on Isaac's premonitions. Isaac painted his own death. He knew what was coming. But he did send one final set of artwork to Hiro. It must be the one thing needed to get Future Hiro started.

Ele...

Comment

I also imagine there will be all kinds of intresting things in Issac's "sketchbook".

Am I the only one who thought Sylar's artwork looked way cooler?

Comment

I thought Sylar's art looked pretty cool, but I also had a moment where I looked at it and went, "Wait ... Herman Munster is going to be president?"

I am very happy for Milo Ventimiglia that Peter's trademark lock of hair was a tragic casualty of Sylar's attack. He's been begging the producers all season to let him get a haircut, and they kept refusing. (I guess they thought the teen girls found him too dreamy with his hair falling in his face.)

Agreed on both the overall goodness of the episode and the occasional painful clunkiness of the dialogue. And I also like the Morpho-Chick's Nikki/Jessica impersonation. I thought it worked really well because they let us spot Faux Claire so easily at the beginning of the episode, so we were feeling all smart and thinking "oh-ho-oh, can't fool me, Morpho-Chick." It was a good fake-out.

I'm curious about the scary future, but I find it hard to believe that in five years, no attempt would have been made to rebuild New York City. Of course, parts of New Orleans are still in a hell of a state, so maybe I'm wrong.

I like the conflicts and choices they're setting up for Nathan. I'm looking forward to what I figure is the inevitable Peter/Nathan showdown, where each one feels like it's his responsibility to save the world, and the other one is standing in the way.

Thought they overdid the "something here is slightly off" creepy music scoring the end of the Nathan/Claire scene. "Then what?" "Then you come home to your family." Smile. Hug. OOOH-WEEE-OOOH-Dum-dum-DUM!!! A bit much.

I love how Future Hiro is leaping around in time, doing all he can to save the world, but he still has time to gel his hair back and groom that soul patch daily. I guess he's of the "it's better to look good than to feel good" school.
                        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

the oddest ep synopsis for the end of season two (no spoilers)

In the two-hour season finale, we'll meet a Paris Hilton-like blonde woman in her late 20s, an Asian woman of the same age group, and a male model. Also, Audrey Hanson is set to return this episode. This episode also involves the apocalyptic arc.

http://www.tv.com/heroes/how-to-stop...st;ep_title;22
                          The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            What did they crib from The Watchmen?
                            The idea of some uber-genius creating a horrifying disaster to unify mankind. As soon as the lines were out of Linderman's mouth, that was all I could think of.
                            "The only reason most scripts are bad is because most people can't write." Leslie Dixon

Comment

Originally posted by jillybob View Post
                              I love how Future Hiro is leaping around in time, doing all he can to save the world, but he still has time to gel his hair back and groom that soul patch daily. I guess he's of the "it's better to look good than to feel good" school.
                              Silly. In the future, all hair is self-styling.

Comment

Working...
                              X