Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about E-Query Services

Has anyone here been successful using an E-Query service? I've been doing research on this type of service, and have heard a lot of negative opinions.

Is it true that E-query blasting is actually Spamming hollywood producers and Agents? Is it true that Industry professionals hate queries that come in this format?

Thanks,

KENTA

Re: The truth about E-Query Services

Originally posted by KENTA View Post
    Is it true that E-query blasting is actually Spamming hollywood producers and Agents? Is it true that Industry professionals hate queries that come in this format?

Thanks,

KENTA
    Yes.

I heard it just CC's like hundreds of people. If this is the case it probably addressed to To Whom It May Concern which is starting off on the wrong foot.

Save your $$$.

go to everyonewhosanyone.com , learn the email structures, find out if people are still there, research companies on IMDBPro, research reps on trackingb.com and then send personalized emails
    @PatriotFrames

Comment

It's spam.
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by KENTA View Post
        Has anyone here been successful using an E-Query service? I've been doing research on this type of service, and have heard a lot of negative opinions.

Thanks,

KENTA
        Look into IMDB, plus check out all the prodco's that have sold something in the last few years. You can find that on here. Then, if you know how to create a database and do mail merge using Word (I figured it out, so it's not that difficult), you can send mass emails that look personalized. Will save you tons of time. I'm not sure how the e-query services do it, but that's how I do it and works. Takes a lot of time to build your database, though. And some people aren't too thrilled to get you emails, but so what. You're trying to break down doors here.

Comment

No way. No how. No e-query services. It's a big waste of money.

Comment

Thanks Guys! That's the most helpful advice ever!!!!

Greatly appreciated.

KENTA

Comment

Vanek, what services did you use? I'm sure they wouldn't mind the recommendations here.

Comment

It's been hit or miss for me too -- but I have earned a fair chunk of option money off one sending and gotten a couple other option offers.

I had the most success a couple years ago though -- recently they haven't worked as well for me.

I used soyouwanna.
                Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

VanekSF1 and sppeterson, did you at all feel like the service was unethical or spamming Industry pros? Did you receive any negative reactions from Agents or producers because of the service?

Thanks Guys

KENTA

Comment

There's an opt-out option at the bottom of every email. The people receiving it are receiving probably 8-10 such emails a day from that service, so I can only assume that they haven't opted out because they have some desire to keep receiving the emails.

I figure they've got a filter in place that channels the queries into a folder, then they occasionally go through the folder looking to see if anything catches their eye.
                    Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Interesting point. I never thought about it that way.

KENTA

Comment

Originally posted by sppeterson View Post
                        It's been hit or miss for me too -- but I have earned a fair chunk of option money off one sending and gotten a couple other option offers.

I had the most success a couple years ago though -- recently they haven't worked as well for me.

I used soyouwanna.
                        Has anyone used Hollywood Query? I found them a couple of weeks ago, they are very inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
                        X