Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long until good news?

For those who have had success getting signed by managers/agents or getting options from producers, how long after you sent them your script did they get back to you expressing their interest.

The only success I ever had the producer get back to me 2 hours after I emailed him the script. I assume that's not normal, but now every time I send out a script and don't hear anything in a couple days I assume it's a pass.

I got about 6 or 7 read requests pending now. It's been about 2 weeks. How much longer until they tell me how kickass my script is? Or is it already a pass?
    Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Re: How long until good news?

Originally posted by humand View Post
    For those who have had success getting signed by managers/agents or getting options from producers, how long after you sent them your script did they get back to you expressing their interest.

The only success I ever had the producer get back to me 2 hours after I emailed him the script. I assume that's not normal, but now every time I send out a script and don't hear anything in a couple days I assume it's a pass.

I got about 6 or 7 read requests pending now. It's been about 2 weeks. How much longer until they tell me how kickass my script is? Or is it already a pass?
    Come on. You know better than that. If someone sends you a bunch of stuff to read, do you always read it?

I'd say give them a month. If you still haven't heard back from them, politely e-mail them and ask about it. Sometimes scripts get misplaced or they could be really busy working on another project.

And above all, after you submit a script, move on to other people or other projects.
    Check out my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/NyFilmmaker32/videos

Comment

Yeah it depends.

Two weeks here.
      Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Comment

Thanks for the response. I was just curious. I'm still busy querying. I used to get excited, but now every time I send out a script I assume it's a pass and immediately move on. I will start making sure I follow up with an email though if it's been over a month.
        Struggling with your script? Get Honest Script Notes from a Produced Screenwriter who knows how hard it is to break into the business.

Email [email protected] for more details.

Comment

I always give them 2 weekends.

Comment

on a blind query, I was always told a month.

Comment

I sent a query in late June and just a week or two ago got a request... who knows...

Comment

i like to follow-up after a couple weeks, more as a reminder to read...

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                  I sent a query in late June and just a week or two ago got a request... who knows...
                  I sent a query last December and got a request last week. There's no rhyme or reason. I never bugged them once...just wrote it off to another query lost in the ether. Nice surprise though.

Comment

Working...
                  X