X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godzilla Trailer

Teaser trailer to Godzilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKO10hKtYw

Very interested to see what Gareth Edward can do with a budget.

I've been following this guy since he won the 48hr London Short Film contest with FACTORY FARMED and seen what he can with a shoestring budget when he made MONSTERS.
    Last edited by Why One; 12-10-2013, 11:09 AM.

Re: Godzilla Trailer

Originally posted by Why One View Post

I've been following this guy since he won the 48hr London Short Film contest with FACTORY FARMED and seen what he can with a shoestring budget when he made MONSTERS.

The trailer gets to the point.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Stylistically, it looks amazing. If they've had a halfway decent script to work with, it should be a helluva lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Why One View Post

Good trailer, and yet the number of ****s I currently give about Godzilla is still pegged at 0.

Comment

I have to agree that stylistically it looks pretty strong, I got a lot of faith in Gareth Edwards, so am curious what he can do here with more resources at his disposal (he's a bit too green to become indulgent I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Alexander View Post
            Good trailer, and yet the number of ****s I currently give about Godzilla is still pegged at 0.
            This, minus the "Good trailer" part. Until Bryan Cranston showed up, I thought it was a joke some VFX artist had put together. That opening monologue? Awful. Ligeti? You really have to be Kubrick to pull that off.

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
              This, minus the "Good trailer" part. Until Bryan Cranston showed up, I thought it was a joke some VFX artist had put together. That opening monologue? Awful. Ligeti? You really have to be Kubrick to pull that off.
              Seriously? You're certainly in the minority on that one. I don't know if the movie will be good or not, but it's a pretty awesome teaser (not a trailer, btw).

Comment

People still evoke Kubrick? I thought we were over that.
                "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                  Seriously? You're certainly in the minority on that one. I don't know if the movie will be good or not, but it's a pretty awesome teaser (not a trailer, btw).
                  Maybe the dialogue's just a genre thing that I'm not getting. I stand by my Ligeti comment, though. Pastiches aside, you can't really reuse music from '2001.'
                  Last edited by ctp; 12-11-2013, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ctp View Post
                    Pastiches aside, you can't really reuse music from '2001.'
                    Didn't bother me. Hardly iconic like 2001's main theme.
                    M.A.G.A.

Comment

Fine, then, it's just me. Sor-ry.

Comment

The skydiver segment is brilliantly conceived. If it would cut to title after the final shot of that sequence, it would be a perfect teaser. But since it's already a 2nd trailer, I can understand why they wanted that montage in the end.

The film has a killer overall marketing campaign.

Comment

I liked the part where they jumped out of the plane that was cool...but I couldn't care less about Godzilla. I'm interested to see how many people actually show up to see this in the theaters and if Pacific Rim or Cloverfield has any bearing on the interest level (good or bad).
                          One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I think it'll do okay. It's pretty obvious that everyone involved knows the stakes are high after the lingering disappointment of Emmerich's try (which I probably would have enjoyed more if it wasn't called Godzilla). And it's almost guaranteed to be huge overseas, so it doesn't really matter if Americans would rather see Superman destroy a large city again than a giant fire-breathing lizard.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I don't care for a Godzilla, or monster movies, yet everything I've seen from this movie gives me the chills. I think it goes some way to support the argument that execution is king.

I picked up on the 2001 choir too, I doubt the majority of the target audience will.
                              Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

Working...
                              X