No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lucas said: Indiana 5 is to come!

Originally posted by ShaneBlackFan View Post
    I think Lucas is misunderstood. The prequels are rich films filled with symbolism and subtext.
    That statement is pure comic genius... awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post
      That statement is pure comic genius... awesome work!
      I wasn't being funny. I seriously think the films are misunderstood, but I concede that the writing doesn't always reflect Lucas's thorough research.

If you're interested, and you're open-minded about the prequels...
      ...then start your research here:

http://www.lardbiscuit.com/lard/ilovetpm.html
      "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

I wasn't being funny. I seriously think the films are misunderstoodl
        Then that's even funnier.

And recommending I do some serious research over at "LardBiscuit", classic.

Comment

Ah well, the links are there for anyone who is remotely interested in looking beneath the veneer of the Prequels -- Especially those who enjoy anthropology and are happy to learn even if they disagree with the final work.

Comment

Indiana Jones and the Virtues of Vices

The year: 2145. Dr. Himmel Jones, the great-great-great grand child of Dr. Jones, seeks to find a hidden (and mysterious!) document that will prove his latest hypothesis, but he must travel back in time to the 1940s in order to do so.

Comment

I won't say that an Indy V will never happen, because a studio's greed is enough to greenlight any gestating turd. But, considering what fans of Indy got after 19 years ... forget about it, George. It's over. 2008 will be known forever as the year that new filmmakers like Favreau and Nolan took over from the likes of Lucas and Spielberg. The torch has been passed.

Comment

Ah well, the links are there for anyone who is remotely interested in looking beneath the veneer of the Prequels -- Especially those who enjoy anthropology and are happy to learn even if they disagree with the final work.
                It's not our job to get it. It's the filmmakers' job to give it.

I've said the same thing to new screenwriters who complain that nobody gets their scripts when those scripts are lacking in anything remotely resembling good writing. The only difference here was Lucas had the money to make his bad films.

Research and an interesting fact base mean nothing without decent presentation.
                "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Anyone else notice Shia's name not being mentioned at all?

Roll a car, lose a role.

- Bill
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

**** that. I ain't watching.

Comment

Lucas is retarded. Seriously, he is. All he said for 20 years was how he wanted to make these small "personal" films. When asked a couple of months ago what happened to those films, he replied in an almost aggravated tone, "I just don't have time for them." What?? You talked about them for TWENTY YEARS! Diving into his interview history, it's clear that Lucas feels a responsibilty to the people he employed at Lucasfilm for the decade of prequels, to keep them on staff so they have a job. Which is why he did this Clone Wars stuff and the live action Star Wars TV show (and probably - to a certain extent - these Indy movies). I guess I can respect that. People need jobs. Blah blah blah. But come on. Do something original man.

I'll try to keep this short but going backwards - particularly in the most dissected universe in the history of film - is a terrible idea. You put a limit on how much you can surprise your audience. And that's why the prequels and all the star wars games don't have the same magic as the trilogy. The trilogy had the advantage of its audience having no idea what would happen.

So I'd say, if Lucas is going to make more Star Wars and keep people employed, make 7, 8, and 9. But start from scratch. Don't use the books. They were okay but you need a clean slate so you can let your imagination go anywhere. That's what made the original films so beautiful.

Oh, and Jake Lloyd was the worst casting in the history of film. I'm done.

Oh wait. This is about Indiana Jones. Is anybody else sick of Shia being stuffed down our throats? I'm through with the kid. There's something unlikeable about him. Can't put my finger on what it is though. Funny how Lucas tried to make him the "new" Indiana Jones, floating the idea in an interview to gauge fan reaction. Whoa. Not sure he expected what he heard. But come on. Young Shia vs. Young Harrison. That's like comparing Michael Phelps with the public pool life guard.
                      Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Okay, try this - who (someone in their 30s) could take over the "hat" - assuming that they moved the films up enough years to have someone take over the role of Mutt?

IS reboot to where Ford was in 1981.
                        Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Harrison Ford always did things his way. And that came off in his acting (in a good way). Nowadays, it unfortunately just makes him look like a crotchity old man. Back then though, it worked wonders.

Who has that quality these days? I don't know if anyone does. Actor is basically synonomous with metrosexual. You can't find one with a single hair out of place. It's a good question. If I was absolutely forced to choose someone I would probably go with Emile Hirsch, even though he's too young. He's the only one who can have that kind of rugged good look, and also crack some jokes along the way. He definitely would've been a huge upgrade over Shia. That's for sure.
                          Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

When The Mummy first came out I thought Brenden Fraser would be the next jones. Of course in subsequent viewings that thought wore thin and with the new mummies coming out has been tossed.
                            Too goofy, too campy.
                            Jones was funny without even trying.

I like Shia. I think he's acting like a stupid spoiled Hollywood starlet, but I enjoy his acting. He's got great comidic timing and seems to portray a natural sweetness to him.
                            I haven't seen Crystal skull yet though so I don't know how he did in the Indy series. Totally seemed like a dollar theater flick to me.
                            (so, so many are these days.)

Gee replacing Indy. Now THAT is a million dollar question.
                            The casting agent that pulls it off would be worth every cent of that million.

Hmm, what about the guy who plays Sawyer on Lost? Clean him up a little, get him to move with more poise and less swagger.

Or what about the kid who all ready played the YOUNG Indiana Jones in the series years ago?
                            Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                            by BellaBella

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
                              It's not our job to get it. It's the filmmakers' job to give it.

I've said the same thing to new screenwriters who complain that nobody gets their scripts when those scripts are lacking in anything remotely resembling good writing. The only difference here was Lucas had the money to make his bad films.

Research and an interesting fact base mean nothing without decent presentation.
                              See, I always look at the alternative to understand why it does or doesn't work. I learned a lot from the prequels, like motifs, subtext and anthropology, taking me all the way back to the natives of America, where the foundations of the "Force" originated from, and despite the films not being great master works, there's a lot to glean, and it propelled me to approach subtext and leitmotifs with more consideration and intertwine it into plot and character --- to "do better" in my own scripts.
                              Last edited by ShaneBlackFan; 08-20-2008, 11:38 AM. Reason: Grammar: I "learned"

Comment

Or what about the kid who all ready played the YOUNG Indiana Jones in the series years ago?
                                The mummy series is a different franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X