No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battle: Los Angeles Opening Weekend

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
    if we ever get invaded by ETs; this movie should be required viewing. it'd be an awesome recruitment video.

i dont get why it didnt get better reviews.

tons of fun.
    If on December 21, 2012, aliens Come back to Earth, I wouldn't be surprised.

This became evident when my Catholic Church, the same one's who are and have always been adverse to change, says stuff like this...

http://www.catholicnews.com/data/sto...ns/0802629.htm

""This is not in contrast with the faith, because we cannot place limits on the creative freedom of God," he said."

and this...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5613197.shtml

It's almost as if they are preparing us for something...

And if you consider we have had movies like this for a damn long time, maybe the global [(:-)] conspiracy, that would make Mulder proud, has been preparing us all along.
    Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

Re: Battle: Los Angeles Opening Weekend

I didn't like this.

I just gets a lot of very basic things wrong.

First of all, the characters have no character at all. They are not 2-dimensional, or even 1-dimensional. They are like 0.5-dimensional. The film doesn't even have characters, it just has human-looking robotic puppets who walk around. Most of the time I had real trouble in trying to separate them from each other.

And that pretty much killed any interest and excitement in the story and turned the film into a major bore.

A film like this doesn't need complex characters. But at least give me some familiar cliches I can cling onto. Give me *something*.

Another problem for me was the action, which again is mostly sloppily staged and sloppily shot. Very few directors know how to do this shaky-cam, quick-cutting approach well. There were some nice action moments, but they were not enough to elevate the film.

But yeah, Battle: Los Angeles was really dull to me. And that's the worst thing a film like this can be.

My friend loved it thought. He said it was awesome how the film had no characters and no story, it was just killing-shooting-killing-shouting-killing-things-exploding for two hours. The ultimate militaristic macho trip in his opinion.

Which is a fair point, I guess.

Comment

Working...
      X