Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
CalypsoMel
New User

Default Disney/ABC Fellowship

Their website says they were supposed to be contacting the first wave of finalists in November . . .anyone heard anything?
CalypsoMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
JoeBanks

Default Re: Disney/ABC Fellowship

not me personally but others have told me they notified finalists and requested their second scripts a few weeks ago
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #3
TuxOfClass
New User

Second scripts?

So if they requested a second script from you that means you made it to the next round?

I didn't know they required other scripts. Anyone else able to shed light on this subject?
TuxOfClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
JoeBanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxOfClass View Post
Second scripts?

So if they requested a second script from you that means you made it to the next round?

I didn't know they required other scripts. Anyone else able to shed light on this subject?
it's Disney/ABC's practice to request additional (original, i think) material from applicants who make it past the first round. they want to know that the writer is able to come up with something beyond a spec of existing shows
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
TuxOfClass
New User

Anyone hear any updates? Friends who have moved on to the next round?

I didn't get any notice, but I'd still love to know when/if people get selected.
TuxOfClass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
killertv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
it's Disney/ABC's practice to request additional (original, i think) material from applicants who make it past the first round. they want to know that the writer is able to come up with something beyond a spec of existing shows
My understanding of the additional material was that it could be spec OR original, just that they expected you to have additional material.

It should also be noted that per some rule changes, at that stage in the game you also need industry references.

http://aspiringtvwriter.blogspot.com...ellowship.html
killertv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
furrylewis
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBanks View Post
not me personally but others have told me they notified finalists and requested their second scripts a few weeks ago
I'm guessing you mean it was the semi-finalists that were asked to submit a second script, am I right? That is, those who make the first of the two cuts, whittling the number down to 60, before they pick the 8 fellows from the 28'ish finalists, who come in for 3 days of interviews?

In any case, I'm wondering if anyone has received their phone interview from ABC/Disney, for the 2011-2012 fellowship?

And, incidentally, the second script that's required is not necessarily original material, and the purpose is not to show that you can do original work.

Thanks ...
furrylewis is offline   Reply With Quote