Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Movies & Television > Television
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #1
Friday

Default Do you have any show recommendations?

It's impossible to keep track of every show on TV. There always seems to be a show that a friend or family member brings up that wasn't really on my radar. Just too busy.

Is there an intriguing show that you think is worth checking out? Any you see coming up that looks promising. I am excited about that Killing on Carnival Row. I really liked the script when I read it and thought how are studios going to take a chance on this. Even those shows that are canceled are pretty interesting and I only discover them after the fact on streaming. I am like "That was a show? When did that come out?"
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
Hernan Giaggio
User

Default Re: Do you have any show recommendations?

I'm currently obsessed with Succession.

Also just saw the first episode of On Becoming a God in South Florida and enjoyed it.

What shows do you like? Would help to recommend some.
Hernan Giaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
I'm currently obsessed with Succession.

Also just saw the first episode of On Becoming a God in South Florida and enjoyed it.

What shows do you like? Would help to recommend some.

I heard good things about Succession...that it's characters walk the line of being pretty unlikable, yet interesting.

I was surprised to like the show You. I think it was originally on a channel that I don't normally watch but I noticed it when it was streaming and people kept mentioning it. The shows Great News and LA to Vegas were surprisingly funny...especially LA to Vegas. Sitcoms normally aren't my cup of tea anymore, but those 2 are good. I am sure I like more...just not remembering everything since there is so much on tv. I used to could keep track. Now, I have to binge watch just to keep up.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
lostfootage
Regular

I never watched Friends when it was on. Now I'm towards the end of season one. It's funny! I see why it went 10 years! If you haven't seen it, it's worth it. But I think I'm like the only person who is not Amish (or other religions where they don't watch TV) that missed it.
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:11 PM   #5
Bono

TV is my life. So I could list 1000 shows.

So maybe Friday give us some idea of the shows you actual love and took time to see so I can curate a better TV set list for you.

Otherwise I'll just list favorites like CHEERS and MARRIED WITH CHILDREN and 24 and LOST and...
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #6
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
TV is my life. So I could list 1000 shows.

So maybe Friday give us some idea of the shows you actual love and took time to see so I can curate a better TV set list for you.

Otherwise I'll just list favorites like CHEERS and MARRIED WITH CHILDREN and 24 and LOST and...

I am looking for shows that are good or interesting that I might not have noticed due to there being so much noise. There must be thousands of shows. Everyone's heard of Game of Thrones or Mad Men. But, there are a lot of good shows on the networks, Netflix, Hulu and Amazon that might be overlooked. I keep an open mind as to genres or even plot lines because after all I am there to soak up knowledge and also enjoy myself. People always ask me if I saw a certain show and I'm surprised I never heard of it---outside of the popular shows, some shows just go under the radar. I'd throw in limited series and tv movies.

Seinfeld's my favorite comedy. Quantum Leap is one of my favorite shows. I binge watched House of Cards...pretty good for the first few seasons...haven't seen the final season. 13 Reasons Why was great for the first season...haven't checked out the rest because I wasn't sure where the storyline could possibly go. Only saw the first two episodes of God Friended Me, but I really enjoyed that one. In the Dark is such a good show...so well written. I usually like all the CW shows. I secretly watch Bachelor in Paradise.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:25 AM   #7
Mitchell McLean
User

Canadian sitcom Corner Gas will be available to U.S. viewers on IMDB TV (free with ads) starting October 15th. I think it's already viewable on Prime.

I loved the original series, but I haven't watched the current animated one. Both will be available.
Mitchell McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #8
StoryWriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell McLean View Post
Canadian sitcom Corner Gas will be available to U.S. viewers on IMDB TV (free with ads) starting October 15th. I think it's already viewable on Prime.

I loved the original series, but I haven't watched the current animated one. Both will be available.
One of the funniest shows I've ever watched. It's on Amazon Prime right now. I'm already going through it the second time.

***Sorry Mitchell -- I just noticed you already gave a heads up that it was on Prime.

Last edited by StoryWriter : 10-05-2019 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added information.
StoryWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:58 PM   #9
Bono

Never heard of this show and I'm excited. It's already out of sync on the pilot episode and I'm excited about it's terrible low budget nature.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:15 AM   #10
Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell McLean View Post

Corner Gas is a nice title. Kind of has me intrigued.