Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hangover 2 trailer

The amount of people hating in this thread cracks me up. You'd all kill a thousand puppies to write this movie.

I don't know one person (in real life, not the Internet) that can't wait to see this movie.

The people I know that have seen it already have Loved it.

Last I heard it was tracking through the roof.

This movie has a f***ing monkey in it.....awesome.

-Michael
    twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
      The amount of people hating in this thread cracks me up. You'd all kill a thousand puppies to write this movie.

I don't know one person (in real life, not the Internet) that can't wait to see this movie.

The people I know that have seen it already have Loved it.

Last I heard it was tracking through the roof.

This movie has a f***ing monkey in it.....awesome.

-Michael
      I just counted 8 mildly negative posts out of 46 in this thread, so I'm not sure where the 'amount of people hating' comes from. (I'm bored at work, so I counted!)

It looks like a big box office winner to me.
      TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

It looks like a cracker to me. I'm keen to see it.

Can't wait to see SOURCE CODE too

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
          I just counted 8 mildly negative posts out of 46 in this thread, so I'm not sure where the 'amount of people hating' comes from. (I'm bored at work, so I counted!)

It looks like a big box office winner to me.
          Ha. I think it's great you counted that up.

I was only speaking to the hatred, but as the man once said, Haters are gonna hate.

-Michael
          twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
            Ha. I think it's great you counted that up.

I was only speaking to the hatred, but as the man once said, Haters are gonna hate.

-Michael
            True. And as you are impressed with my counting skills, I may subject this thread to more in-depth analysis. At least until the boss notices that I'm slacking.

Comment

I think Todd Phillips knows he has a built in audience so kept the trailer from revealing any of the really crazy stuff that happens in the movie. I know I can't stand it when I see a movie and all the best/funny parts were already in the trailer. Filmmakers and studios who are confident about their product, that it will do good word of mouth, seem to hold back on the trailers so people are surprised by the reveals when they actually go to see the film instead of being conditioned like Pavlovian subjects to laugh at what they saw on the trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
                True. And as you are impressed with my counting skills, I may subject this thread to more in-depth analysis. At least until the boss notices that I'm slacking.
                I expect a full statistics report in the morning.

It wouldn't hurt if you threw in a colorful pie chart denoting "Yea" "Nay" and "Meh" responses. (I like pretty pictures.)

Comment

Originally posted by via negativa View Post
                  I expect a full statistics report in the morning.

It wouldn't hurt if you threw in a colorful pie chart denoting "Yea" "Nay" and "Meh" responses. (I like pretty pictures.)
                  I may have to withdraw. I need to rest after the strain of counting to eight.

Comment

You should use your fingers like the rest of us.

Comment

This board is clearly too intellectual for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                        everybody has business reasons why they want a flick to do well. "good rated R male comedies" ---
                        although i don't wish failure on anyone the success of this flick does absolutely nothing for me... and in fact, may hurt my and many screenwriters who want to break in with a spec. why give us the opportunity when sequels take charge at the box office?!
                        Why would this hurt your chances of breaking in with a spec? It's a franchise that was created by a spec.

In fact, The Hangover was one of the few movies that really encouraged studios to buy specs.

But other than that, good point.

C.

Comment

everybody has business reasons why they want a flick to do well. "good rated R male comedies" ---
                          although i don't wish failure on anyone the success of this flick does absolutely nothing for me... and in fact, may hurt my and many screenwriters who want to break in with a spec. why give us the opportunity when sequels take charge at the box office?!
                          NikeeGoddess, assuming you're making a point, I don't follow it. To make my point even clearer for you, I write male-driven comedies and it HELPS when make driven comedies perform at the box office. My last spec sold in part because of H1's box office. I'm hoping my current spec sells because of H2's potential. And as Craig points out, H1 was a spec sale, so your second "point" is also nonsensical.

Comment

i did say that reasons are personal to everybody. good for you - this movie will do well and hopefully your male dominated r-rated flick will get picked up.
                            i, in turn spend my $10 opening weekend on flicks that are more like what i write. that's my point. it's business. it's not nonsensical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
                              Yeah, I'm gonna check it out, too. The rest of you can go watch The Seventh Seal for the twentieth time.

HH
                              ha, nice one.

Comment

i did say that reasons are personal to everybody. good for you - this movie will do well and hopefully your male dominated r-rated flick will get picked up.
                                i, in turn spend my $10 opening weekend on flicks that are more like what i write. that's my point. it's business. it's not nonsensical to me.
                                Sorry, Nikee, but I'm still not following. Why the use of the "roll eyes/sarcastic" emoticon? And I specifically used the word nonsensical to refer to your second assertion about sequels and specs, but you didn't clarify your point on that issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X