Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hangover 2 trailer

You know, I have been here on this site for more than ten years, and I swear that there are a certain number of people on this site that simply do not even enjoy watching movies. Some demand that every film be an over-the-top high concept film. Others demand "something new" in every film. It is a good thing that most of us just want to be entertained to one degree or another, or there would be no movies made at all. It has all been done before.

I write screenplays every now and then. If I ever have one go to the big screen (or DTV or cable,) I shall avoid watching all reviews and commentary. I don't think I could take it.

To those of us who dislike the concept of H2 being made, I suggest you rethink your goals as a writer.

I shall definitely watch this movie in the theatre. The original was just too funny, and I expect this one to follow suit. If I am wrong, then I have spent ten bucks I could have used for a Big Mac and a Coke.
    We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by Teris View Post
      Sorry, Nikee, but I'm still not following. Why the use of the "roll eyes/sarcastic" emoticon? And I specifically used the word nonsensical to refer to your second assertion about sequels and specs, but you didn't clarify your point on that issue.
      does it really matter that you get me or not?

i love movies enough that i don't want to see any of them fail. the more success all around the better for us all who wish to break in. in fact, if they all do well then doors will be opened and money will be thrown at us for coming up with more and more ideas, but this is an ideal world that just isn't happening so i must pick and choose via what i spend my money on. and i don't choose r-rated male-dominated comedies b/c i don't "need" them - hence the eye-rolling.

and you will never find a post from me "hating" on any flick whether i like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
        does it really matter that you get me or not?

i love movies enough that i don't want to see any of them fail. the more success all around the better for us all who wish to break in. in fact, if they all do well then doors will be opened and money will be thrown at us for coming up with more and more ideas, but this is an ideal world that just isn't happening so i must pick and choose via what i spend my money on. and i don't choose r-rated male-dominated comedies b/c i don't "need" them - hence the eye-rolling.

and you will never find a post from me "hating" on any flick whether i like it or not.
        Well, I guess it doesn't matter to you if I get your point, but you're a writer, so I'd think you'd want people to understand the points you attempt to make in your writing.

Comment

Originally posted by billmarq View Post
          You know, I have been here on this site for more than ten years, and I swear that there are a certain number of people on this site that simply do not even enjoy watching movies. Some demand that every film be an over-the-top high concept film. Others demand "something new" in every film. It is a good thing that most of us just want to be entertained to one degree or another, or there would be no movies made at all. It has all been done before.

I write screenplays every now and then. If I ever have one go to the big screen (or DTV or cable,) I shall avoid watching all reviews and commentary. I don't think I could take it.

To those of us who dislike the concept of H2 being made, I suggest you rethink your goals as a writer.

I shall definitely watch this movie in the theatre. The original was just too funny, and I expect this one to follow suit. If I am wrong, then I have spent ten bucks I could have used for a Big Mac and a Coke.
          Good post, Bill. Have a blast at H2. I know I will!

Comment

Originally posted by Teris View Post
            Well, I guess it doesn't matter to you if I get your point, but you're a writer, so I'd think you'd want people to understand the points you attempt to make in your writing.
            i does matter to me but i felt you were being "thick-headed" on purpose. just for the record CM understood my point from the first post.

Comment

just for the record CM understood my point from the first post.
              I thought he was being flippant with his "other than that, good point" comment. I can't see any point in your post other than the one he commented on. I mean, did you have another point in that post other than "sequels hurt screenwriters/specs"?

HH

Comment

you mean other than i should be able to choose what flicks i wish to support with my own money, for whatever reason... no. i don't take myself as serious as some of you do.
                i believe i should be allowed to be as "flippant" as others.

Comment

i does matter to me but i felt you were being "thick-headed" on purpose. just for the record CM understood my point from the first post.
                  I wasn't being thick-headed; your post just made no sense. And your complete whiff on understanding Craig's post suggests that you should skip H2. You won't get it anyway.

Comment

I've got respect. Feature comedy is the most difficult genre to write, sustaining the energy of a comedic premise for two hours is a tough game. But I think this one will bring in more than the original, a lot more, that's my prediction.

Who thought of the face tattoo? That's a classic.

Comment

Does Bradley Cooper take his shirt off? I'm just asking for market research purposes.
                      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                        Does Bradley Cooper take his shirt off? I'm just asking for market research purposes.
                        No. But it seems like Ken Jeong shows his junk again. It's one of those horrifying train wrecks yet can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                          No. But it seems like Ken Jeong shows his junk again. It's one of those horrifying train wrecks yet can't look away.
                          Ugh. It's like the whole Jason Statham in The Expendables thing all over again. Look, if you have a super hot actor with nice abs in your movie you need to get his shirt off. Otherwise it's like wrapping Megan Fox in a parka.

I apologize to Bradley Cooper for comparing him to Megan Fox.
                          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by billmarq View Post
                            I shant! Actually, I probably will, but your use of "shall" made me chuckle. Sorry.

I thought the first was good (not great), but it looks like the ante has been upped for the second time around. Looking forward to seeing what C. Mazin did with the source material.
                            Looking to take the "Bono" off my screenname.

Comment

Originally posted by ProBono Writer View Post
                              Looking forward to seeing what C. Mazin did with the source material.
                              I hear the first three pages are off the charts awesome.

Comment

I thought the first film was pretty darn funny, strangely enough, I found it much funnier second time round.

So I have high hopes for this one.

So long gay boys!:P

Comment

Working...
                                X