• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises

Thoughts?
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I'm trying to manage my expectations. Although, it's hard, what with all the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by ABerat View Post
      I'm trying to manage my expectations. Although, it's hard, what with all the hype.
      Weakling.

Comment

Seeing it at 12:35am tonight.

Work tomorrow is gonna suckkkkkkk.

Comment

It's got what could be perceived as problems, but it's still a very good movie. Maybe the second best in the series. The title is quite fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
            Weakling.

Yup.

I'm watching it tomorrow afternoon.
            Last edited by ABerat; 07-19-2012, 08:20 AM. Reason: Additional comment

Comment

Excited for Friday, some friends and I are seeing this on a 5 story IMAX screen at the Smithsonian.
              "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

I don't understand the concept of imax; isn't a screen's size relative to how close you sit to it?

Comment

The Christopher Nolan Batman movies may not be the Batman movies I've always wanted to see, but they're still easily the best Batman movies ever made. I just wish they were a wee bit less reality-based and had a little more of a sense of fun and adventure.

As for this new one, well, Bane is certainly a very odd choice for the arch-villain (I always thought he was a rather weak one out of a what is arguably the greatest rogues gallery in comic book history), but I still look forward to seeing what Nolan, Goyer and company do with this last outing. I just hope the fight choreography is better this time around and, for cripes sake, Christian Bale (an otherwise brilliant actor) desperately needs Batman voice lessons from Kevin Conroy.

Cheers,

B
                  SIX-GUN GORILLA: LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE.
                  http://www.sixgungorilla.com/
                  https://www.facebook.com/SixGunGorilla
                  sigpic
                  "... (an) indie powerhouse of a book.- - AIN'T IT COOL NEWS

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                    I don't understand the concept of imax; isn't a screen's size relative to how close you sit to it?
                    The sense of immersion in an IMAX theater is achieved by the relative closeness of the seats to the screen (the rows of seats are arranged at a steeper incline than a regular theatre) and the size of the screen. Despite this, every time I've been in an IMAX theater the sense of immersion is forgotten after about twenty minutes.

Comment

i love the term Rogues gallery.

Comment

As a hater, I went back and rewatched the first two and...and...

Well, they're a lot more compelling than I remembered. I'm not gonna say they're great, 'cause there's a lot of Michael Bay flash used to distract from the narrative weaknesses. But there's some serious showmanship at work here. I'd say on par with the Godfather trilogy as far as epic sweep goes. I can see what the fuss is about. Although I'll cop that the inherently fascist subtext makes me uneasy.

But I'm actually looking forward to how Nolan ties this whole thing up...
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I guess that's one way to look at it, but as nearly 1/4 of this movie was shot on IMAX cameras, I'd like to see it that way. I'm sure either way, it'll look incredible.
                          "Write every day. Don't quit. The rest is all bullshit." - Brian Koppelman

Comment

If you sit close to a 35mm or 2K digital projection screen, the picture is notably lacking in detail. It's blurry and grainy.

Imax frame has much more picture information, roughly 3-4 times more than standard 35mm film or 2K digital cameras. Therefore you can sit closer to it, and the picture remains crisp.

Comment

Excited! Excited and excited!

Did I mention how excited I am to see this baby?!

Comment

Working...
                              X