No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Movie Would You Remake?

Originally posted by ChadStrohl View Post
    It might not be better, but it could still be fun.

Danny McBride comes to mind as the Dom Deluise counterpart.
    Oh, I wasn't saying it couldn't be fun, but maybe it would be better as a sequel, of sorts.

The cannonball run (or what ever it's called now) has been run for decades, there is a lot of other stories and characters out there.

The original film was such an oddball mixture of celebrities. You had stars, musicians, comedians, tv stars, sports stars, country singers, James Bond, a game show host and (somewhat unknown) Jackie Chan playing a Japanese race car driver named Jackie Chan. All of this in a film written by an Automotive journalist and Directed by a stunt man.. It wasn't the best movie in the world, but..

I can't see Hollywood duplicating this type of film, besides the casting costs, the movie would turn into a boring commercial for whatever car GM is pushing today.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadStrohl View Post
      Not to stab at fresh wounds or anything, but can we remake Prometheus? :/
      Good idea. In fact, limiting the remake to $20 million would probably automatically make it better.
      On Twitter @DeadManSkipping

Comment

Ride The High Country http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056412/
        4-D Man http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052530/
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Someone needs to remake The Good Earth. I am not that someone.

I thought a remake of Escape From New York was a great idea if done right.
          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
            I thought a remake of Escape From New York was a great idea if done right.

You haven't seen "District B13", have you? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

They actually kind of did remake Escape From New York earlier this year. The film was named Lockout. I can't claim that they did it right, thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                You haven't seen "District B13", have you? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0414852/
                Silly question. Of course I have. But it's not Escape from New York.

Yeah Lockout was basically Escape from New York in space, I guess, but I'm not sure it's an improvement.

I read the script for the proposed remake a few years ago, but it was not quite right, which is probably why it didn't get made.

I always thought that was a film that had a fantastic idea with middling execution.
                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I'd like to see a retooling of WESTWORLD...but from the perspective of the robot Gunslinger. There's a whole RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES subtext that could be explored. The whole point of the park was being a place were humans could go and screw/kill avatars...that *surprise* were actually sentient. Personally, even as a kid I was rooting for the Gunslinger.

Admittedly, the western aspect of the premise is problematic...
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

La Femme Nikita. Never thought it was fully realized.

Comment

Movies...

I'd redo Slapshot in west PA/Johnstown. The hockey comedy was a big hit & PA really supports the film-TV industry now.

Other good remakes include; The Wild Geese(1978) & Disney's under-rated; Something Wicked This Way Comes.
                      That film could be good with new SFX-CGI. Ricky Garvais could be the lead character.

Beef

EDIT; I wanted to add the dark comedy; Heathers(1989). It was funny & sly then and a new format could be produced. www.IMDb.com
                      Last edited by BeefMissile; 09-15-2012, 03:56 PM.
                      I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X