Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black List 2011

Last edited by Bobby Dazzler; 06-06-2015, 05:44 PM.

Re: Black List 2011

Link to the pdf is here if anyone wants to download for later reading.

Comment

I'm going to jump ahead of any problems and remind everybody that Done Deal is not a script trading site. You'll have to find the scripts elsewhere.

Carry on.
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Odd i thought "Django Unchained" and "Grim Night" were done deals
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Sorta like The Social Network and Inglorious Bastards being on previous years lists.

The original intent of The Black List has been lost.
          Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
            I'm going to jump ahead of any problems and remind everybody that Done Deal is not a script trading site. You'll have to find the scripts elsewhere.

Carry on.
            Awwwww...c'mon. This is kinda like Mom moseying on down to the rec room to make sure the teenagers haven't spiked the Hawaiian Punch with Phillips 80 Proof.

(...jus' kidding! )

Comment

The BL isn't a list of "unsold" scripts, it's a list of unproduced scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                What's wrong with GRIMM NIGHT being on there? Even if it was a big spec sale, it's still unproduced and the writers deserve the attention. As Franklin say's on page one of the black list, at best it is a "most liked" list.

I think all of the writes on there, big or small, are happy to have the recognition.

Best,

Michael
                twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Originally posted by Hilario113 View Post
                  The BL isn't a list of "unsold" scripts, it's a list of unproduced scripts.
                  I was always under the impression that they weren't just the best unproduced scripts, but were also supposed to be unknown and unattached. That was the whole point, right?

The script that won is basically a studio film.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed's_Dead View Post
                    I was always under the impression that they weren't just the best unproduced scripts, but were also supposed to be unknown and unattached. That was the whole point, right?

The script that won is basically a studio film.
                    Not at all. It has always been simply a polling of executives on their "best liked" scripts. The only thing that has ever changed is that in 2007 they started listing the "status" of each script and, if it was unavailable, who owned it. In the first BL, just like the latest, many of the scripts were unavailable. That being said, I think that in each year, as there has been more lobbying for votes, the number of available scripts has probably dropped.

Comment

No - Black List has always been mostly sold scripts, often with stars and start dates. Many are *assignments*!

So it's kind of like those THR "Ten To Watch" lists where everyone on the list had their breakthrough film or whatever last year. I think it's good for the scripts that haven't sold yet, because it calls attention to them and maybe gets some company that was on the fence when their CE begged them to buy it to actually cut a check. But the list isn't *discovering* any scripts.

They need to do a list of completely unsold scripts, and a list of unreppeds... the way they do the Hit List of specs.

- Bill
                      Free Script Tips:
                      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                        No - Black List has always been mostly sold scripts, often with stars and start dates. Many are *assignments*!

So it's kind of like those THR "Ten To Watch" lists where everyone on the list had their breakthrough film or whatever last year. I think it's good for the scripts that haven't sold yet, because it calls attention to them and maybe gets some company that was on the fence when their CE begged them to buy it to actually cut a check. But the list isn't *discovering* any scripts.

They need to do a list of completely unsold scripts, and a list of unreppeds... the way they do the Hit List of specs.

- Bill
                        Well, The Black List just became even more meaningless, imo.

Comment

Yeah The Tracking Board has something called the Hit List where it list the best specs of the year.

By the way I think BETHLEHEM
                          by Larry Brenner
                          A group of people struggling to survive a zombie apocalypse make an alliance with a vampire, trading themselves as food in exchange for protection since zombies don't eat vampire.

is probably the best concept on the list.

Comment

Is there any chance that someone could confirm that all the Black List + Brit List scritps are available for d/l on trackingb.com? Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Orchard View Post
                              Yeah The Tracking Board has something called the Hit List where it list the best specs of the year.

By the way I think BETHLEHEM
                              by Larry Brenner
                              A group of people struggling to survive a zombie apocalypse make an alliance with a vampire, trading themselves as food in exchange for protection since zombies don't eat vampire.

is probably the best concept on the list.
                              Wow, really? I rolled my eyes at that one. We've had superhero saturation and I think (hope, as a moviegoer) zombie/vampire saturation can't be far behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X