No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicholl SFs and QFs

Originally posted by RALPHWALDOFAN View Post
    Thanks, man. Congrats to you as well. Hope you get more requests. I spent so many years on the outside looking in on this contest, and heard so many success stories about those that made it through the first cut, that I thought I should clear some space in my inbox after having made the semis. Should have known better (holding up my six-year screenwriting chip). LOL.*

*That's not to disparage the Nicholl, which in my opinion, is the ONLY worthwhile contest. Just curious how different placements have been shaking out for folks. Logline, of course, must be the most important factor.
    Making semi-finalist in the Nicholl (no small feat by the way, congratulations) certainly pushes you closer to the front of the line. Ultimately, however, I think it's your logline/concept that'll draw attention to your script at the semi-finalist stage.

It may be different with finalists and winners where the writing ability and the writer are more the focus of being contacted instead of the script itself.
    Last edited by nguyensquared; 02-25-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Hey all, I'm new around here... Been writing for years though...I made the Nicholl semis this year and have just started querying managers mainly as a result, being sure to mention the SF...Nothing has come of it yet though

Interested to hear any success stories though as a result of Nicholl SF's
      www.paulholbrook.co.uk

Comment

Hey Holbrook -- I made the semis this year as well. So far I've had one person receptive to me sending my script over. That's one out of probably eight that I've sent thus far. But that already beats my experience from making the semis last year! LOL. Based on my experience, by all means query away with your Nicholl placement placed prominently in your query, but don't get your hopes up.

Comment

I think Lee Stobby offers to read any QF/SF, so maybe try him? After reading the thread on him in the managers section.

Comment

Working...
          X