No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to FD7

Hey all,

I have FD5 and am thinking of upgrading because I heard 7.1.2 seems to have finally gotten things right. With that being said, I use FD7 on two computers, one at home and one at work during lunch. How do I download on both?
    "This is insane, he has space dimentia" - a line from Armageddon

Re: Upgrading to FD7

You just missed the upgrade sale FD was having. Before June 30 you could have got the upgrade for $59.00. Now it will cost you $89.00.

Go to www.finaldraft.com and buy the upgrade.

Note, you will need to have a registered copy of FD5 and your customer number to buy at the upgrade price.

If you don't have a registered copy you will need to register it.

If you are unable (for dubious reasons) to register you will have to buy FD7 at full price.

You can download the installer or order the disk to be mailed to you. The installer you download is exactly the same as what is mailed to you and it both methods include the full manual as a PDF file.

Once you have FD7, you can install it on both computers and you will need to activate/authorize each.

Note, you will need to uninstall FD5 from your computer before you can install FD7. Be sure to backup your scripts before doing so.

7.1.2 is stable and doesn't have the many bugs 7 did but it still has a few minor problems. Tech support has told me the ones I reported are known issues and will be addressed in the next update (TBA).

The thing I like least about FD7 is the lack of options and features in the right click menu. I'd like to see the ability to add or remove items to the right click menu.

Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

I wish there were two options in the right click menu...

>1. Don't suck
      >2. Morph into Movie Magic Screenwriter

Comment

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machine

If you are unable (for dubious reasons) to register you will have to buy FD7 at full price.
        Or download the Mule.

The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

The Mule?

Comment

The Mule.
            The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Sounds significant. What's the Mule?

Comment

Working...
              X