Am I the only one who absolutely DETESTS the M Night Shamalamadingdong trailer?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who absolutely DETESTS the M Night Shamalamadingdong trailer?

I have now vowed to NEVER see this movie only because the whispering brat telling me the name of the movie annoys the holy living f*ck out of me. This movie has a reek to it, I tells ya.

Re: Am I the only one who absolutely DETESTS the M Night Shamalamadingdong trailer?

Maybe it has to do with your diet of onions, beans and eggs?
    I don't see what is wrong with the latest trailer. What's your beef with it?
    A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
    Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
    Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Re: Am I the only one who absolutely DETESTS the M Night Shamalamadingdong trailer?

The fact that he parted way with Disney because this script was not enough of a thriller, and then set up an advertising campaign designed to make it look as much like a thriller as possible, makes me not want to see it.

Also making me not want to see it: Shyamalan's last three films.

Comment

I never saw a Shyamalan movie in a theater, and I don't plan on it. I'll wait to hear what the crappy twist is, then grab the dvd when it's on sale at blockbuster for about 6 bucks. But if it's like The Village, then I'll wait a year and see it on HBO or Starz for free.

His movies simply aren't good enough to make me want to see them immediately, but good enough to make me still want to check them out.

Comment

For the record, I've seen The Sixth Sense to Signs in the theater. Caught The Village on DVD-- Thank God.
          But I would say Lady in the water seems intriguing.
          A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
          Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

There was an article... somewhere... about the split with Disney. The head of production he has always worked with thought the script didn't work and went to PA to have dinner with him and explain her problems with the project. Night got really defensive, and that was the end of the Disney partnership.

- Bill
            Free Script Tips:
            http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

We'll all have to see how it does at the b.o.
              Not sure if it was a good move for Night to sever his connection to Vista and Disney.
              Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Unbreakable is one of the best movies of the past decade!

*slowly backs out of the room at the sight of dozens of menacing eyes* RUN!
                Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

Wouldn't call it one of the best but it was a nice watch imo. That's about it.
                  The Sixth Sense is much more entitled to get that honor. Just me though.
                  Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla King
                    Unbreakable is one of the best movies of the past decade!

*slowly backs out of the room at the sight of dozens of menacing eyes* RUN!
                    As well you should. Riddle me this -- how is it that Mr. Glass is so brilliant as to pull off these huge stunts to find his nemesis only to cackle as his nemesis walks out of the door and runs to tell the cops?

Oh, and maybe you didn't remember the dead zone from which Shymayawn ripped his hero's powers from.

Comment

Agree, writerman that although the script was filled with big holes, the concept was nonetheless interesting.
                      Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Mr. Glass wanted to find his equal opposite. It wasn't about getting away with his crimes, it was about understanding his place in the world.

I want to see Unbreakable 2 and 3....bud sadly Shymalan will probably never make them.
                        Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

Mr. Glass wanted to find his equal opposite. It wasn't about getting away with his crimes, it was about understanding his place in the world.

I want to see Unbreakable 2 and 3....bud sadly Shymalan will probably never make them.
                          I would rather not. I'd prefer the movie to end the way it did and us not getting anymore fraking sequels.
                          What would be next, anyway? Blow man? So thin, the smallest fart would bring him to fly away?
                          Point being. It made some think. I appreciate the movie for what it is. Not what else it would bring as sequel.
                          Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

It was intended as a trilogy though. I think Shymalan mentions it on the commentary track. It's all about the relationship between Mr. Glass and Harry Dunn....it was Harry Dunn right? I don't know if they'd be great movies, but I really wanted to see how it all developed artistically (the use of color was really interesting to me) as well as the characters themselves. I love the idea of a real life superhero movie!
                            Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

It was intended as a trilogy though. I think Shymalan mentions it on the commentary track. It's all about the relationship between Mr. Glass and Harry Dunn....it was Harry Dunn right? I don't know if they'd be great movies, but I really wanted to see how it all developed artistically (the use of color was really interesting to me) as well as the characters themselves. I love the idea of a real life superhero movie!
                              David Dunn. Harry Dunne was in "Dumb and Dumber"
                              I do love the idea as well though.
                              Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Working...
                              X