Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking Dead starts this Sunday

Kind of an odd time to go, but whatever. Looking forward to it. Season 2 was kind of ho-hum all the way along, but the final episode climax was fantastic.

Here is a making of barn scene, which talks much about that final episode. Warning, I recommend AGAINST watching this segment if you like the show. http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...the-barn-scene
    Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Re: Walking Dead starts this Sunday

A li'l better than average episode, with a pretty solid opening half. Then it backslid into the show's lazy habit of having the characters do boneheaded things to keep the story rolling. Nonsensically stupid things, for no good reason.

But it sorta recovers with a pretty neat closing scene that relies on subtext. Nice change of pace there.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

excellent!!!
      i'm looking forward to this second half of the season... hoping they leave the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
        Then it backslid into the show's lazy habit of having the characters do boneheaded things to keep the story rolling. Nonsensically stupid things, for no good reason.
        Totally agree. Darrel's outburst and Rick's wife driving alone for no good reason were f#cking terrible scenes. So forced.

Comment

Yeah, there's so many great moments, and then the characters act like idiots and it almost ruins what they've built. It's tough to believe Rick was ever a cop. He doesn't act like any law enforcement agent I've ever met. Shane, on the other hand....

I love Shane.
          Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
            It's tough to believe Rick was ever a cop. He doesn't act like any law enforcement agent I've ever met.
            Rick showed his handy work with a gun in the last scene, but you're right he doesnt act like a cop.

ewtaylor

Comment

Originally posted by ewtaylor View Post
              Rick showed his handy work with a gun in the last scene, but you're right he doesnt act like a cop.

ewtaylor

True, but right up to that second, he put himself BETWEEN two guys with guns. He could see the one guy in the mirror, but it's still terrible strategy. Any law enforcement officer I know never puts his back to danger.

And he does that kind of stuff all the time.

In the car ride to the bar, Glen had the shotgun barrel aimed UP and near his face. That was driving me insane. And Rick's wife took a REVOLVER? To save her husband who wasn't really gone that long?

Grumble grumble grumble.
              Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                And Rick's wife took a REVOLVER? To save her husband who wasn't really gone that long?

Grumble grumble grumble.
                I wasn't that clear on why she went to look for him. It's seemed to be the exact reason why Rick went off in the first place, to get Hershel. I have no idea what she was planning to do except maybe yell "hurry up".
                what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

Originally posted by Kwinnky View Post
                  I wasn't that clear on why she went to look for him. It's seemed to be the exact reason why Rick went off in the first place, to get Hershel. I have no idea what she was planning to do except maybe yell "hurry up".
                  Exactly. The believability factor of this show becomes nonexistent at times.

As a writer, it really pisses me off.

Comment

Ya, I didn't understand why she went after him. Glen went with him. They had guns. lol I have a bad feeling SHANE is getting killed off. Did you guys see that SHANE got cast in Frank Darabount's new TV series LA NOIR as the lead?

I've never seen a guy be lead on 2 shows. So I think Shane is a goner. Which sucks. They need to kill off the old guy, and that MOTHER. Shane and Darryl make the show.

Comment

IIRC, the guy that plays Shane was pretty vocal about what happened to Darabont. I'm pretty much expecting a crucial scene that got dropped from the comic book suddenly reappear.

My biggest writing beef was with Herschel. First, what'd he do...walk to town? And when Rick tells him that his daughter might be dying, the man sorta shrugs and goes back to his drink. M'wha?

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
                        Ya, I didn't understand why she went after him. Glen went with him. They had guns. lol I have a bad feeling SHANE is getting killed off. Did you guys see that SHANE got cast in Frank Darabount's new TV series LA NOIR as the lead?

I've never seen a guy be lead on 2 shows. So I think Shane is a goner. Which sucks. They need to kill off the old guy, and that MOTHER. Shane and Darryl make the show.

This. Although I loved Rick finally showing a flash of badassery at the end last night. Outside of that, the other characters are a ZzzZZ fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                          IIRC, the guy that plays Shane was pretty vocal about what happened to Darabont. I'm pretty much expecting a crucial scene that got dropped from the comic book suddenly reappear.

My biggest writing beef was with Herschel. First, what'd he do...walk to town? And when Rick tells him that his daughter might be dying, the man sorta shrugs and goes back to his drink. M'wha?

I agree. Shane is the most interesting character on the show, with Darryl right behind him. I think it would be a mistake if they kill him. Then again, I like the actor, would love to see him in LA NOIR, though I wish the show was on HBO, SHOWTIME OR STARZ. I love 1950s LA.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
                            This. Although I loved Rick finally showing a flash of badassery at the end last night. Outside of that, the other characters are a ZzzZZ fest.

Ya it was great to finally see Rick man up and handle his bizness. But I'm afraid he's just going to go back to whining Rick.

Comment

I don't have a problem with the way Rick is being played. He's not supposed to be an action hero. He's a cop that almost died in the line of duty, and I get the vibe he wouldn't have went back to being a cop after coming back from death's door, if it wasn't for the Resurrection.

Now he's a guy who not only has to keep his family alive, but the lives of everyone in the group hinges on every choice he makes. He's snapping under the pressure...especially since damn near everyone in the group seem like boneheads aching to find a way get themselves eaten every week. And it's not a job he can quit.

I think Lincoln is doing a pretty good job with it. Actually, the entire cast is doing a good job shading in their characters...despite the scripts. Definitely despite the scripts.

Solid directing is helping, too.

ETA: Oh...and can someone just flat-out call them zombies? They're running out of euphemisms.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                              X