Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
Vertigo4KimNovak

Default who knows Randy Hirsch?

Who knows Randy Hirsch? or Randolph M. Hirsch (IMDB)?
He hasn't read anything from me yet but wanna produce my screenplay.:lol
Ready for a good laugh :rollin
Here's his last message he sent to me just a few hours after I wrote to him saying that it's the producer to pay the writer...

Have fun, reading this stuff (sharks attack)

============================================

Thanks for writing me back... How are you? Sorry for taking this long to get back to you... Very busy... Lots of film makers and screenwriters contacting me with offers to executive produce their film projects... I have to be very selective from now on... I'll have to read your script or at least the synopsis first before coming aboard... My business plan writing, preparation fee and retainer is $1,250... You can split that up in a couple of installments... I defer the rest until after funding is in place (finder's fee, producer's salary, etc...) I'm proposing that we produce your film as an independent feature, rather than have you sell the script or option it to someone who will let it sit on the shelf for a year or longer... I have a process that works... It's aggressive... I know there are 50,000 scripts submitted to the WGA each year and only 100 actually get produced into movies, so the odds are against independent film makers like us... If you bring me on as executive producer, We'll be in pre-production within six months or less... Send me a one page synopsis... I hope you'll consider my offer... I spent $40K to get my film project up and running, but that included the short film too... We'll make more progress on your script in the next eight weeks than you ever thought possible... But you have to be VERY serious about getting this film made, and want to co-produce, not just be a writer...... Looking forward to working with you... Thanks and Best Regards... Have a GREAT week....... Let's get started this week! We'll set a production start date and put things into motion immediately.... We'll set targets for each week over the next two months and then submit everything to twelve film investors... I'm very flexible... Even $500 down would be acceptable to get started on this immediately, and the other $750 in a month or so, but I have to charge you something for my time -- this is one of my current income sources and I have a four year old beautiful daughter to support and take care of.... Also, this is a non-exclusive agreement, so you can continue to shop this around and speak with other investors while I work my magic... If someone else offers to buy your script, I won't hold you back -- I don't want to tie you down... The rest of my compensation we'll defer until the funding is in place -- that's our big pay day! I suggest we go for at least $1 million, the investors are looking for projects in the $1 to $5 million budget ranges, otherwise it's not worth their whiles... Remember, all they care about is bottom line profits... Let me know soon... Looking forward to working with you... Let's get started... Also, keep in mind, I do not accept every project that comes across my desk... It has to be very marketable and an excellent script and you have to be VERY serious about getting this into pre-production within six months.... Thanks ......
Old 08-28-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Julian Phillips

I also had some dealings with Randy. He seems like a fairly legitimate guy, but he does want up-front funds to 'package' your script. I couldn't afford it, or I may have actually gone ahead and let him try. He does return e-mail, though, and from the sound of it he intends to put together elements of a production that might become a reality if and when someone steps up and invests, with himself as producer. I'd advise caution. Good luck.

---Julian
Old 08-30-2004, 09:49 PM   #3
Sandy

Julian:
Do you have any further information on Randy? If you do,can you e-mail me at, Holyfield215395@aol.com
Old 08-31-2004, 04:48 PM   #4
LitKing

this is a fraud.

he had sean astin in starring role on imdb for his so called movie, then week later, they all got taken down.

i have his biz plan that is pure pieceofshitt.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:59 PM   #5
Bystander3

DON'T spend money on these guys and their promises. Don't help them pay their mortgages and BMW loans. Spend your hard-earned cash on shooting one of your own short scripts. Borrow somebody's miniDV camera and offer food, copies and token cash to some hungry local actors and production talent. You'll learn much from the effort and have something tangible to show for your expenditures.