No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here's a new one... -UNTILED RANT-

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    I'm confused because I thought liberal producers jump at the chance to make these movies to prove how unracist they are! And black filmmakers and actors not excited? Steph Curry can produce this pic he relates! Jeter on the line? So many examples! Call Lebron now because he's a big time producer....

Call John Legend...

Reach out then to more liberal artists or athletes or Roc Nation and circle back around if Hollywood isn't listening...

Also have you or someone write an article about your life for IP...

In 2019, I figured a story about growing up bi-racial would be very appealing... I'm so confused! I guess it's my white male privilege. Oh wait I'm Jewish... they hate my guts too! Even the Hollywood Jews hate me.
    Good thoughts, but...

That's the super tricky part that I didn't see coming. There's an audience for this (18 million minimum), but no buyers.

If I go to white guys they're like "Do I really want to admit that blacks can be racist too..? Nah. PASS!"

If I go to blacks they're like "Dude, you ain't as black as ME, thus you aren't allowed to say this sh!t PASS!"

So, here I am, stuck with a show/show bible that I don't know how to sell to these pretend liberal fukkin hypocrites.

I thought it would be easy. Socially relevant theme. High concept. Done deal, right? Nope! There's another layer to racism that you didn't consider, bruh: Neither race wants to touch this because they'll BOTH have to admit fault. Which isn't the case for BLACK shows as whites get to say "I never supported that! (pats self on back)" And blacks get to say "See... I was victimized (pats self on back)."

Not possible in biracial stories... EVERYONE is at fault. Why? TRUTH! No one gets a free pass. That's what gonna fukkin KILL me on this. It's TOO REAL. TOO HONEST.

This project has been a trip to learn how entrenched invisible racism is on BOTH sides. It's rampant in Hollywood!

And btw... fukk all the fake Twitter outrage. I see right through that bullsh!t.
    Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Gucci: stick with it. I've read pieces by bi-racial people pushing back against the criticism that a certain bi-racial woman candidate for president is not Black enough. And since the other side of her bi-racial identity is East Indian, she's not white enough either. The struggles of bi racial folks is starting get attention. Perhaps, as Bono said, write a feature article that can be published online.
      Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

By the way everyone is racist, so why is this a problem script wise/story wise/real life wise? Usually members of their own group they treat worse. So black people being racist is 100% a thing. And Jews too! And any other race. Puerto Ricans born in PR hate American born PR a lot of the time! It's insane world. I'm reform Jew which means I'm Catholic to the other jews.

I'm saying... I think you're thinking racism against your script when they just hate all writers who don't write Marvel movies! They hate us all equally! Cheer up!

I know this one guy who did pretty well being bi-racial and he's got a netflix deal... I think his name was O_B_A_M_A something or other... look him up.

Comment

By the way everyone is racist, so why is this a problem script wise/story wise/real life wise? Usually members of their own group they treat worse. So black people being racist is 100% a thing. And Jews too! And any other race. Puerto Ricans born in PR hate American born PR a lot of the time! It's insane world. I'm reform Jew which means I'm Catholic to the other jews.

I'm saying... I think you're thinking racism against your script when they just hate all writers who don't write Marvel movies! They hate us all equally! Cheer up!

I know this one guy who did pretty well being bi-racial and he's got a netflix deal... I think his name was O_B_A_M_A something or other... look him up.
          Ha!

Could be. We shall see how this plays out.

BTW - I almost went to the same school as Obama in Hawaii. Truth is, you had to know people to get in. Dude went to fancy schools. I've lived both lives simultaneously: hella fancy vs hella not fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by sc111 View Post
            Gucci: stick with it. I've read pieces by bi-racial people pushing back against the criticism that a certain bi-racial woman candidate for president is not Black enough. And since the other side of her bi-racial identity is East Indian, she's not white enough either. The struggles of bi racial folks is starting get attention. Perhaps, as Bono said, write a feature article that can be published online.
            Thanks!

Probably not a bad idea: Write an article, get it published, sell it, pretend the script doesn't exist yet. Probably the same advice I'd give someone.

Comment

Hey Gucci, don't be afraid to talk about yourself in these forums. You're so guarded. Let it out man. Don't hold it in.

Comment

Hey Gucci, don't be afraid to talk about yourself in these forums. You're so guarded. Let it out man. Don't hold it in.
                True... I've been being too shy. HA!

I'm just sick of the fake charade this town is. You really wanna get me going, talk politics and how hypocritical Hollywood is about them.

Comment

You mean how most liberal hollywood white people's only black friend is watching Martin Lawrence's classic BLUE STREAK on TBS?

Comment

You mean how most liberal hollywood white people's only black friend is watching Martin Lawrence's classic BLUE STREAK on TBS?
                    Exactly that! Hollywood is a giant fukkin "GET OUT." I mean that almost literally.

Comment

Working...
                    X