Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PAGE International Screenwriting Awards 2016

The quarterfinalists are announced today.

This is more the "cheap brown liquor if I'm not on the list" round than the "open the bubbly" round, but still important for many.

Good luck. May your class be filled with bubbles, not brown.

Re: The PAGE International Screenwriting Awards 2016

Results were just announced, and...

I'm in!! First time placing in PAGE, after getting in Austin and Nicholl. It sure feels good to see your name on the site. Congrats to all other placers!!
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
      Results were just announced, and...

I'm in!! First time placing in PAGE, after getting in Austin and Nicholl. It sure feels good to see your name on the site. Congrats to all other placers!!
      Nice work. Congratulations!
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

I'm in as well! What feels especially great about this is that I submitted two new screenplays that I had just written this year, and I had no idea how they would fly.

Now I'm really crossing my fingers hard for the semifinals so that I can submit the most recent versions of the scripts. The stress never ends, does it?

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
          I'm in as well!
          Congrats to you and UpandComing! I'm in, too!

Going by the email, it sounds like a lot of good writers didn't advance this year. So to anyone that didn't, it sounds like you're in good company.
          "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

I snuck in there as well! Congrats to my fellows Quarter-Finalists. Guess the contest season is officially underway.

Comment

Also in! Congrats to those that made it and commiserations to those that didn't!

Comment

I'm giving up on comps after this year and going to try a different avenue of using a well known coverage service and approaching agencies/managers/producers direct. Congrats to all those that got through but no matter what level of praise I've gotten elsewhere I just don't do well in comps when other scripts I've read which were generic, boring, predictable and full of tropes make it through to semis last year. Subjectivity is subjective and writing is a bitch.

Comment

Congrats to all the other Quarterfinalists. My first time advancing in Page.

I forgot which script I sent and was paging down in the Ws feeling sad then paged up to the Rs - Yay!

Good luck to everyone for the next round.

Comment

I'm in with an unconventionally structured action/thriller: Love Is A Battlefield. This script also made the Bluecat QFs, so my parallel storylines aren't all that bad. Like Bluecat, it'll probably struggle to make the semis, but this is the story I want to tell. Congrats and good luck to all!
                    FADE IN:
                    PERSEVERANCE OVERCOMES ADVERSITY
                    NEVER FADE OUT.

Comment

I've glitched my way in again.
                      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Whoa, I made the QFs. Maybe I'm not so hopeless. Feels good, doesn't it?

Comment

Semi-finalists announced: https://pageawards.com/past-winners/...emi-finalists/

Pleased that my script advanced in the thriller category

Comment

Congrats, jpcdoc! And glad that you're in thriller My two advanced as well, one in drama and one in action/adventure.

I love the fact that the PAGE lets semifinalists submit newer versions of their scripts -- for me that's is a huge bonus.

Late Night Writer

Comment

Didn't make it to the next round (darnit). Congrats to all who placed!
                              "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Working...
                              X