No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies You Walked Out Of

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
    I've never walked out on a movie. I paid for this ticket and by god, I'm gonna get my money's worth even if I have to be miserable doing it.
    You can get a refund if it's not half way.

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow"

and a few others i can't recall at the moment.

Comment

I rarely see movies in a theater anymore. The last one was Jackson's KING KONG & only b/c I took my young nephew.

I don't remember walking out on any specific movie when I was younger. I know there must be some. I remember falling asleep during the DREAM TEAM (a Michael Keaton movie).

I watch all my movies at home on DVD. I watch the first 10 or 15 min and if it doesn't grab me by then, I walk out & let my husband watch the rest. He has a higher tolerance for dreck than I do. This happens ALL THE TIME. I've lost count.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Nothing, ever. The thought doesn't even cross my mind. I paid, dammit. I'm staying.

I've gotten very good at not walking into terrible movies in the first place.

Comment

Only one time. It was a South Korean movie called The Red Shoes.

Normally, I stick out bad movie to the bitter end, but this was in the middle of a film festival where I was seeing several movies a day, so I didn't feel bad about walking out.
          "Only nothing is impossible."
          - Grant Morrison

Comment

I'm with Emily and Nic on this one: I paid for it, by god! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME LEAVE!!

I think I saw RED SONJA in the theater. I have no idea how old I was or even what it was about, but my mom was bartending at the restaurant next door during lunch and it was summer and I always went to the theater while she was working (she had to get me in to see THE THING when it came out)...anyway, there were about five or six people at the matinee that day and by the end of the movie there were only two of us left, me and some other guy.

At the end of it we walked out, gave each other a nod to say that we've experienced the worst and lived to tell the tale...and then I think he offered me candy and wanted me to take a peek inside his van. I can't really remember 'cause it was so long ago. Or maybe I've just blocked out that particular memory.

HH

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
              Only one time. It was a South Korean movie called The Red Shoes.

Normally, I stick out bad movie to the bitter end, but this was in the middle of a film festival where I was seeing several movies a day, so I didn't feel bad about walking out.
              Give me twenty minutes, and I'll have you sobbing tears of regret.

Comment

I had to have my mom take me out of "Twilight Zone: The Movie" because I was too scared and went to see "Return of the Jedi" for a second time instead.

Comment

Won't walk out on anything. I'm with Emily. I PAID MONEY FOR THIS.

I also try not to be a writer even since I was watching Posiedon and the part came when the they recruit the bus boy who will be their "map", I looked over at my girlfriend and said, "He'll be the first to die." And when he died, I said, "Begin Act 2." That's when she promptly said, "Shut up!"

First viewings are for being entertained (or not). Second viewings (if deserved) are for study.

Comment

I got high and saw "Half Baked" then felt as though the movie was directly making fun of me for it. So I got insulted and left. 'I don't have to sit here and take this!'
                    It was so dumb, I couldn't stand it.

As a comic boook fan, I came close to abandoning Daredevil and the first Fantastic Four but I was with others who wanted to stick it out. Fantastic Four I was ready to go in the first half hour. I'd seen enough to know it couldn't improve.

I saw "Nothing but Trouble" in the theater. I think I was the only one who stayed. People were streaming out all around me. Glad I stayed though. Digital Undergrounds "Same Song" in the end credits was the highlight of the film and kept me company on the sad, lonely walk home.

Last edited by gridlock'd; 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM.
                    "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                    - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Well, since I worked at the movie theater, I didn't have to pay, so maybe that's why I was so cavalier about walking out!

It was a great job for a broke college student. All the popcorn we could eat and free drinks during our shift, I could study between showings...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperScribe View Post
                        Give me twenty minutes, and I'll have you sobbing tears of regret.

That's one of your better pick up lines.
                        "Only nothing is impossible."
                        - Grant Morrison

Comment

/walks out of Instant Karma's "movie"

Comment

This is over the last thirty years, so...

THE GREAT OUTDOORS
                            A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT
                            THE EMERALD FOREST
                            THE COUNTRY BEARS
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I've walked out of movies before. My time is too valuable to sit through dreck. Ones that I remember --

JACK, the Coppola movie with Robin Williams - horrible!
                              THE AVENGERS (1998) w/ Uma Thurman and Ralph Fiennes

I saw AMERICAN BEAUTY with my mother. The day it opened, before I read reviews - I thought it was going to be broad comedy. My mother walked out in a huff halfway through, but I stayed until the end. She really hated that movie.

Comment

Hugo
                                almost walked out of The Artist

Comment

Working...
                                X