AND, the other question, SHOW MEETING, go in there with what?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AND, the other question, SHOW MEETING, go in there with what?

Ok, someone wants to buy my sitcom. I do what?

Go in there with the pilot, treatment and I would assume a show bible?

How many changes are going to be make to characters? make her smarter, edgier, this and that....
    If so, then should I hold off on writing a complete show bible?

How many people will be in this meeting? and they'll let me know when? few weeks/months

thanks!

Re: AND, the other question, SHOW MEETING, go in there with what?

Be over-prepared, but be flexible.

Go in with as much material as you can, while also demonstrating that you are an unstoppable fount of ideas, thrilled to hear whatever your audience (the producers) have to contribute.

Pitch meetings are like doing improv. Always try to answer with "yes, and..."

That's my experience, anyway.
    Need a collaborator? GeniusCreatives.com.

Comment

As for the rest of it ("how long", etc.), I suppose that would depend on who the meeting's with.

If it doesn't work out, don't be surprised if you never hear an official "no". It's almost as hard to get a "no" out of people as it is to get a "yes".
      Need a collaborator? GeniusCreatives.com.

Comment

half hour person may know better, but i say bring none of it. be prepared to talk about all of it. they may love your idea but hate your pilot story. go in and find out what they are thinking. tell them you can deliver that if you like it. adapt the stuff you have accordingly. but dont bring it or leave it.

Comment

Working...
        X