Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cameron's "Assatar"

I know people who worked on Titanic and said he was the biggest a**hole they ever met.

check it out.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...9-d84a40f5864c

Re: Cameron's "Assatar"

Well the guy shooting the video is clearly an assh0le himself, this is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object.

Comment

i'm sure cameron aint even the tip of the iceberg in hollywood when it comes to that...
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

yes, let's stand up for TMZ and idiots that think they have a right to bother people. In NYC, we don't bother celebrities. Now, I can't feel bad for them because they have great lives, but at the same point, imagine how it feels to not be able to do anything without being "on" or talking to everyone. Some jerks like it, but imagine that happening to you.

Anyone -- wow James Cameron is a jerk. That's news. I expected him to be light and fluffy. But at least he's upfront of who he is.

It's the guys that act nice, but are really aholes that bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post
          I know people who worked on Titanic and said he was the biggest a**hole they ever met.

check it out.

So this guy happened to be walking around an airport with an Avatar poster? And then he has his buddy film him while he refuses to take no for an answer? A$$hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post

check it out.

Hollywood is full of dictorial directors who shout people down and belittle actors and crew, it is legendary..

But when you have so much at stake, so much money pumped into a massive budget, a large crew and cast and sets and trying to co-ordinate all those things and still have an artistic vision of how you wish to shoot a scene and get it on the screen, then tempers flare and bad things are said..

But generally, these are usually kept on set and forgotten afterwards..

People shouldn't take it personally... A lot of this stuff comes from extreme stress on a shoot and an expensive shoot at that.. Extreme stress is similar to battle fatigue and although yes, it is rude and nasty, it is part of the course when stuff doesn't go right on the set..

American crews were a tad pissed at Ridley Scott on the Bladerunner shoot because of his constant demands and they voices they displeasure about it - it is well documented, but those demands produced a Hell of a movie because this was at the back of Scott's mind all the time- the end result justifies the means..

I've worked on a few productions in my time, mainly shorts and industrial films with actors and the worst thing that can happen is dissent on set where people fall out, talk behind people's backs and this all causes bad feelings.. When the shoot is over it tends to leave a bad taste in your mouth - its not very nice..

This is why they have wrap parties and it is up to the director to build bridges and seek out those he's abused in the name of art and say he's sorry to those folk and thank them for their contribution... It's important.. Some do and some don't..

It's the nature of the beast but not all directors are tyrants.. Some are very giving, very friendly and make you feel part of the process..

It takes all sorts..

Comment

It's a director's job to be an asshole when needed. That's how things get done. It's not a director's job to give face time and small talk to yahoos on the street. If that's what they wanted, they woulda went into acting.
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                It's a director's job to be an asshole when needed. That's how things get done. It's not a director's job to give face time and small talk to yahoos on the street. If that's what they wanted, they woulda went into acting.
                I thought that was the AD's job!

Comment

Originally posted by gravitas View Post
                  I thought that was the AD's job!
                  haha, i've always heard that too.
                  One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

TMZ is a ridiculously stupid show. Im glad Cameron recognized it right away for what it was, and called the guy on it. Then the guy claims hes a big fan and at the end says his plot is simple etc.. THAT guy is the a$$hole. Cameron is a no-bull$hit kind of guy (old school) and I wouldnt expect anything less.

Oh, and Avatar is freakin' amazing.

Comment

Yeah, I gotta go with Cameron on this one. It was a clear set up, the "fan" had only one goal and that was to piss Cameron off and record the whole thing and then have TMZ air it.

Good for Cameron. That guy was a piece of sh!t.
                      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Cameron's Heckling

Berlusconi gets bonked, the Pope gets tackled, and the "King of the World" gets heckled by an autograph hound. These are signs that the "End of Time" is nigh, and, like the Mayans, we need to get a new calendar.

I simply wonder, (if he could choose), how Cameron would have preferred to deal with this heckler and the cameraman. Aliens, Rambo, terminators, giant smurfs, or a combination of all of the aforementioned?
                        JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                          So this guy happened to be walking around an airport with an Avatar poster? And then he has his buddy film him while he refuses to take no for an answer? A$$hole.
                          I'm not taking anyone's side on this one. The guy was obviously looking for an autograph so he can sell it on ebay, but Cameron could have handled it differently.

But he is what he is.

Comment

Some directors are a-holes on the set but not off. Cameron happens to be one and off. I have friends who have worked closely with him on several of his films and they all say he's rough on everyone -- including fans, family and friends. Just another tempermental artist.

Comment

I think Cameron sees directing in similar terms to how Colonel Quaritch sees Unobtainium. He is a mean sonofabitch but he gets what he wants. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X