Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
    The neighbor is completely scared. I think it's obvious people know about Walt's activities and pseudonym.
    ... but that expression of fright/shock on her face before all those oranges went rolling down the driveway. Saw an interview with VG where he mentioned they specifically used them so they'd roll so well. Had nothing to do with the color...
    " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
      The neighbor is completely scared. I think it's obvious people know about Walt's activities and pseudonym.
      Or she thought he was dead.

Though yours seems more likely.

Comment

Yeah, the world knows he's Heisenberg. It's obvious from the opening episode. And I still think Carol's reaction was one of fright 'cause she thinks he's dead.

If it was just because she knows he's Heisenberg then she probably would've run away to call the cops or get someplace safe. The paralysis came about because she's seeing a ghost.

I do agree with others who've said that the writers have done a good job of throwing us curves when we supposedly know exactly where they're going. I think the pacing has gotten a little faster, at the expense of story, but that's a quibble as, overall, it's concluding nicely. Certainly a lot better and more coherent than something like LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
          Yeah, the world knows he's Heisenberg. It's obvious from the opening episode. And I still think Carol's reaction was one of fright 'cause she thinks he's dead.

If it was just because she knows he's Heisenberg then she probably would've run away to call the cops or get someplace safe. The paralysis came about because she's seeing a ghost.
          If you saw someone you previously heard had died, would you think he was a ghost? Unless you actually saw his dead body being lowered into the ground, I think you'd be pretty sure the rumor of his death was premature.

It seems pretty clear to me she's petrified he's going to come at her with a machine gun.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Originally posted by Margie Kaptanoglu View Post
            If you saw someone you previously heard had died, would you think he was a ghost? Unless you actually saw his dead body being lowered into the ground, I think you'd be pretty sure the rumor of his death was premature.

It seems pretty clear to me she's petrified he's going to come at her with a machine gun.
            Did you mean petrified, or putrified there?
            Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
              Did you mean petrified, or putrified there?
              She's petrified he's putrified.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

She's petrified he's NOT putrified. At least according to Richmond.

Comment

Thanks guys, I've always had problems with my petrifieds and putrifieds, and mixing them up can be fatal.
                  Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Let us not forget about Walt's beard/full head of hair in the first scene. Some time has passed between the shootout scene and the neighbor in the driveway scene. Yet the show is moving at day or two per show rate.
                    The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

Yeah, I am curious to see where the cut to is (I'm lost in their timeline at the moment i.e., where they are between birthdays 51 and 52.) The "end" is post-Walt's 52nd birthday. So it seems like there's a pretty substantial gap ahead.
                      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Yes, the flashforward in episode 5x01 was Walt's 52nd birthday. The flashforward in episode 5x09 is probably the same day, but at least we know it's in the future from the first flashforward because the machine gun in his car's trunk.

I've been wondering about this too, how they're going to handle the jump in time. At first, I thought the season was going to slowly build towards that day, like season 2 did (was it season 2 with the plane crash?). Instead, it seems at some point we'll jump ahead in time to get there, which isn't my favorite choice but I'll keep an open mind. I'm just worried the show will have too many endings, like The Return of the King did.

Comment

Originally posted by Margie Kaptanoglu View Post

But that would require clear-headed thinking. And I don't know how it's clear that she thinks he's coming after her with a machine gun anymore than she thinks she's seeing a ghost. And when I say "ghost" I don't mean a literal ghost, but I think if you "knew" someone was dead, the reaction we saw from the neighbor may be a natural one.

I don't know if he fakes his own death or not, but it seems a logical choice given the way the show always seems to take things to their logical conclusion.

We'll find out.

Comment

I've got a feeling tonights episode "Ozymandias" will be the most pivotal entry of the entire series...
                            INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
                            Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                              I've got a feeling tonights episode "Ozymandias" will be the most pivotal entry of the entire series...
                              I'll just go ahead and say I was "god damn right"
                              INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
                              Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

I need a hug.

And a new heart.

This old one will never know love again.

Comment

Working...
                                X