Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...

Finally, after about 4 or 5 months of phone calls, text messages and emails, I was able to print and sign the final option agreement on my low budget horror spec.

I was beginning to think this day was never going to actually arrive. It's been so long since that first initial phone conversation where he actually verbally agreed to option the project.

To bad it's a Friday and the post office closed early. I will have to mail him the hard copy of the signed agreement in the morning.

Now, this by no means guarantees the script will ever get produced, but at least it is now in the hands of someone willing to try to get it there.

Re: Finally...

Congrats!
    Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

Congratulations !
      New blogposts:
      *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
      *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
      *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
      *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Comment

Nice! Congrats. Now, after you mail it, I hope you allow yourself to enjoy the moment before worrying about the next part. I think it's very exciting!
          I was just checking the specs on the endline for the...rotary...girder... I'm retarded.

Comment

Yeah! I'm raging jealous now.
            Congrats
            He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet. - Horace
            It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - Erma
            My eyes make pictures, when they are shut. - Samuel

Comment

Which company? (feel free not to answer that if you would rather not) Did you achieve this through traditional query procedure? Or some other form of marketing?
              It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Fantastic true illusion! Another step for you....enjoy the moment!
                HL

Comment

First I live in Michigan, so I have yet to meet the producer in person, we will be working together on at least his next film, possibly next two, so I can learn the process of how movies are made. Since his next two projects are scheduled to be shot in Detroit this fall/winter, starting next month

But I did a search for films recently filmed in Michigan, and found his company info for one that he had already finished here last year (a low budget horror), it was just released on DVD last month.

Used IMDB for his contact info and he agreed upfront to read it but warned me it would take a couple months to get to reading it. Contacted his again a few months later and he had just finished reading it a few days before hand, liked it and was interested in adding it to his slate.

Now, something like 7 months from the original request, and like 5 months from our first phone conversation where he said he was interested in optioning it, we have a full agreement. Speaking of which time to go to the post office.

Comment

Congrats! Good luck with it!
                    sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Congrats. You're on your way. Keep writing and start shooting higher now.

Comment

Nice work TI.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Congrats! Let us know how the development process pans out.
                          2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

Working...
                          X