Free/cheap version of Apple Inspiration?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free/cheap version of Apple Inspiration?

I'm taking an online writing class in which the teacher has videos that use Apple Inspiration to make cool mind-map thingies. I'm supposed to make some of my own, using something called "paper" and "pencil" if I don't have the software. But I always like a hi-tech (yet cheap) solution. (Plus, paper gets lost in this house).

Does anyone know of an alternative?

Note: If that didn't make sense about what I need to do, it basically automates word webs. So you have have some idea in the middle and then little lines going off to related ideas and then those ideas can have little baby ideas off of them. Okay, that probably didn't really clear things up, but let me know if you think it's possible some particular piece of software will help!

Re: Free/cheap version of Apple Inspiration?

I haven't looked at Apple Inspiration, but I love MindMeister, which is for mindmapping http://www.mindmeister.com/

I love it because it syncs with my iPhone and iPad. There may be better mindmapping software out there, but I chose that one for the sync-ability and the intuitiveness of the interface. Also, you don't have to purchase software; it's on the web. I pay an annual fee, but I believe there's a free version available, too.
    If you have someone on the set for the hair, why would you not have someone for the words?
    Louis Malle

Comment

Yep, I can tell from the pictures that this should do what I want. And looks like I can do three mind-map projects for free to see if I like it. Thanks thatwritergirl!

Comment

Originally posted by snoozn View Post
        Yep, I can tell from the pictures that this should do what I want. And looks like I can do three mind-map projects for free to see if I like it. Thanks thatwritergirl!

You're very welcome
        If you have someone on the set for the hair, why would you not have someone for the words?
        Louis Malle

Comment

Working...
        X