No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trackingb.com Contests

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
    ducky - do you have any awareness of scripts or writers being picked up or even approached as a result of this contest, even if they haven't made it to the last round?

Or are only the honorable mentions and finalists ever passed on to industry readers?

Does anyone else know of anyone being picked up through this contest even if they didn't place?

It's a bit hard to work that out based on the website.

(Poor ducky has been appointed the unofficial spokesperson of TrackingB! )

Nic
    On the finalists and honorable mentions (8 last year) get industry exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
      Hmm... I didn't get a, "solid logline," in mine.

I blame it on Tony.
      I didn't get a "solid logline" either. I blame it on the fact that my logline is, in fact, hollow.

Comment

That's weird. I got an "okay, we'll read it" with an audible heavy sigh of dispair.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherCaucasianGary View Post
          That's weird. I got an "okay, we'll read it" with an audible heavy sigh of dispair.
          that's why i didn't turn on my speakers.

Comment

I think what really shook him was my inability to spell "despair", lol.

Curse you, words!

Comment

Honorable mentions and finalists coming up in January....

Does anyone know if they announce anything before that? QF or 2d round or whatever?
              "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

They do not. Only the top 8 (honorable mentions and finalists) are announced.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Striver View Post
                  They do not. Only the top 8 (honorable mentions and finalists) are announced.
                  good! quick and over.

i hate those drag out contests. no one cares if you're a freakin' quarterfinalist or even semi-finalist anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                    good! quick and over.

i hate those drag out contests. no one cares if you're a freakin' quarterfinalist or even semi-finalist anyway.
                    my mum would.
                    No, you are going to have to turn this opportunity yes!

Comment

good! quick and over.

I don't think this really needed to be said, but the NIcholl is an obvious exception to this. A semi-finalist -- and perhaps even a quarter-finalist -- placement in the Nicholl is something that can literally start a career.
                      QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
                        I don't think this really needed to be said, but the NIcholl is an obvious exception to this. A semi-finalist -- and perhaps even a quarter-finalist -- placement in the Nicholl is something that can literally start a career.
                        Even quarterfinaling in the Nicholl generates reads. Some 200 reps and prodcos ask to receive the list of contacts from QF up and then decide which scripts they want to request.

Comment

Anyone know how many scripts TrackingB got this year?

And is it over 50% DDP?

Comment

The Insider told me it is more than last year which was 828. He said when he gets a tally and time to breath he'll give me a number.

Just a heads up for everyone -- if you place in the top 8 or so you will receive and email anywhere from 2-3 weeks before the results are announced. So if it's a week before results go out and you haven't heard anything, then chances are... slim.

But hopefully everyone who entered here did well
                            Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Originally posted by snoozn View Post
                              Anyone know how many scripts TrackingB got this year?

And is it over 50% DDP?
                              methinks there is a huge population of wannabe screenwriters that never, ever come around here. the idea that 500 scripts came from the DDP pop is a bit ridiculous. however, it would be cool if 50% of the winning 8 came from DDP.

Comment

however, it would be cool if 50% of the winning 8 came from DDP.
                                I think that's in the realm of possibility, given the level of talent here.
                                QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Working...
                                X