Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Good show, but never a series

Where's Marlowe? was a TV pilot with Mel Ferrer and Mos Def that wasn't picked up and then was turned into a movie instead (like Mulholland Drive was). Very funny film about documentarians following a private detective. Would have been a great series.

Comment

lookwell is amusing
      then there's
      heatvision and jack about which i can't say enough
      If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed. -- Stanley Kubrick

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy
        Where's Marlowe? was a TV pilot with Mel Ferrer and Mos Def that wasn't picked up and then was turned into a movie instead (like Mulholland Drive was). Very funny film about documentarians following a private detective. Would have been a great series.
        I saw the movie! That would have been a cool series. Awesome.

Comment

Who can remember pilots? Not me...

Since I don't have the memory of an elephant, I will instead put forth my vote for a great show that got cancelled after one season.

That show is A Year In The Life.

All who remember it, say Aye! It had Sarah Jessica Parker in it, Richard Kiley, and who can forget...the lovely Amanda Peterson.

It was along the lines of Thirtysomething, a smart comedy/drama about a family in Seattle. The show arose out of a TV mini series by the same name. The show aired in 1987-1988.

I was devestated...DEVESTATED...when it went off the air. Stupid NBC kept moving it around and it never found an audience. The death of this show was also the death of a promising career for Amanda Peterson who had just done Can't Buy Me Love in 1987.

Now she's some soccer mom and out of the biz...

Comment

Fox Force Five.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

"Three tomatoes are walking down the street- a poppa tomato, a momma tomato, and a little baby tomato. Baby tomato starts lagging behind. Poppa tomato gets angry, goes over to the baby tomato, and smooshes him... and says, Catch up."

Can't imagine why that didn't get picked up.

Comment

EZ Streets

Did make it to series, but then was kicked around and never found an audience. Off the air after, what, 9 eps? Which was a tragedy, because it was an amazing show. Created by Paul Haggis.

-TZ

Comment

So it turns out a lot of people did know what I was saying.

Comment

I'm still mourning the loss of "Keen Eddie." I discussed this with Sienna Miller a few weeks ago, and that did provide some closure. Some.
                    ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by postalpictures
                      Anyone see any great shows that never got picked up?

I can wach Lookwell! over and over again. It is about an actor who played a private detective on TV, that becomes one in real life.

Very funny, stars Adam West.

Written by Conan O'Brien and Robert Smigel.
                      Wow. Adam West AND Conan O'Brien working on the same project. That would've been magic.

Oh well, atleast we have Adam West on Family Guy every-so-often. Where can I check this show out?
                      -RAB

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalAmericanBlended
                        Wow. Adam West AND Conan O'Brien working on the same project. That would've been magic.

Oh well, atleast we have Adam West on Family Guy every-so-often. Where can I check this show out?
                        It sometimes runs on Trio, but you can download it. Some programs that worked for me included eMule (search google) and I'm sure it is on the bit torrent stuff. The show's worth the download wait. I still have it on my hard drive.

Comment

Thank you very much. I'll check it out.
                          -RAB

Comment

Heatvision and Jack, and other pilots of note, often get played at this thing called "The Other Network," run by the folks who do the Uncabaret.

I think they have a website, as in www.uncabaret.com. But that's just a guess.

I have heard Heatvision & Jack called "the Citizen Kane of unaired pilots."

Comment

Originally posted by Minibrain
                              Heatvision and Jack, and other pilots of note, often get played at this thing called "The Other Network," run by the folks who do the Uncabaret.

I think they have a website, as in www.uncabaret.com. But that's just a guess.

I have heard Heatvision & Jack called "the Citizen Kane of unaired pilots."
                              The unaired pilot for Paul Simms' "Criminal Mastermind" definitely gives HV&J a run for its money. I can't believe it didn't get picked up. "Make it a banana daquri." Hilarious.
                              It's a celebration, bitches.

Comment

Another one is "Sick in the Head."

Said to be among the funniest half hours of TV ever.

I have never seen it, but the Other Network runs it periodically.

It stars David Krumholtz, who has been known to be entertaining on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X