X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hangover 2 trailer

Originally posted by Craig Mazin View Post
    Thanks to all who enjoyed the film.

Keep your H3 guesses to yourselves! Or I have to go away and never return, for fear of lawsuits and blah-de-blah!

C.

PS: So far, so good. You're all wrong.
    In the next one try and focus on the comedy more than the whole treasure hunt aspect. This last one seemed really dark and there was never much where the characters themselves found things funny like there was in the first one. I'm not saying it wasn't a good movie but it seemed more like a dark national treasure than a comedy.

Comment

I finally saw this last night. I enjoyed it, it was funny. It was also darker. The fact that it was so similar to the first made it less surprising, but the familiarity also helped some of the humor.

SPOILERS!

My only complaints: I wanted more monkey - uninjured. And I wanted a better version of "One Night In Bangkok". And I wanted the finger to turn out to be somebody else's.
      "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the finger - the dude who lost it didn't seem bothered!

Comment

Seen it last night. Couple of funny parts otherwise it's a poor sequel.
          I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Saw it, thought it was a very solid sequel, which is no picnic to pull off given how high expectations were.

Mr Chow is hilarious, as of course is Stu.

I woud agree about the slighty more edgy tone, but it probably needed that to stay fresh.

However, I thought the kid losing the finger was an off note, and that one pic in the final credits was indeed in poor taste.

In genera though, mission accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
              and that one pic in the final credits was indeed in poor taste.
              Probably one of the two end pics we were spared of in the UK - they were re-framed to avoid an 18 rating!

Comment

SAME SAME BUT DIFFERENT. I laughed. Well done, Craig.

Comment

Thanks to all who enjoyed it... and to all who bought tickets.

C.

Comment

I bought a ticket.

Wait...

You bought me a ticket, didn't you?

But I held your hand during the screening.

I held your hand and understood when you stepped out, aroused, during the tranny scenes.
                    www.therobotard8000.com

Comment

Louis Vuitton lost their infringement lawsuit against Warner Brothers today over a line of dialog where Alan says to Teddy "Be careful, that is a Lewis Vuitton!"

I think it's funny that as part of the judge's ruling he had to explain humor to the lawyers:

"Alan's terse remark to Teddy to 'be careful' because his bag 'is a Lewis Vuitton' comes across as snobbish only because the public signifies Louis Vuitton ... with luxury and a high society lifestyle."

His remark also comes across as funny because he mispronounces the French 'Louis' like the English 'Lewis,' and ironic because he cannot correctly pronounce the brand name of one of his expensive possessions, adding to the image of Alan as a socially inept and comically misinformed character.

This scene also introduces the comedic tension between Alan and Teddy that appears throughout the Film."

He should get a job as a reader.

Comment

Originally posted by kintnerboy View Post
                        Louis Vuitton lost their infringement lawsuit against Warner Brothers today over a line of dialog where Alan says to Teddy "Be careful, that is a Lewis Vuitton!"

I think it's funny that as part of the judge's ruling he had to explain humor to the lawyers:

"Alan's terse remark to Teddy to 'be careful' because his bag 'is a Lewis Vuitton' comes across as snobbish only because the public signifies Louis Vuitton ... with luxury and a high society lifestyle."

His remark also comes across as funny because he mispronounces the French 'Louis' like the English 'Lewis,' and ironic because he cannot correctly pronounce the brand name of one of his expensive possessions, adding to the image of Alan as a socially inept and comically misinformed character.

This scene also introduces the comedic tension between Alan and Teddy that appears throughout the Film."

He should get a job as a reader.
                        Never even heard about this. What a ridiculous lawsuit. The sued because a character mentioned a name brand fashion designer? Not even in a negative way. Can't believe this actually got before a judge.
                        "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
                        - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

I didn't post a link before, because I read it on TMZ and would have been embarrassed to admit I was on that site, but apparently, the bag in Hangover 2 was a fake, and that fact, combined with the mispronunciation, allegedly hurt the Louis Vuitton brand by creating consumer confusion.

HR has an interesting write up, including the legal precedent for the decision.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...lawsuit-338650

Comment

Strange suit... I mean, a Louis Vuitton bag was a running gag in LEAP YEAR and in H2 it was only fleetingly mentioned and not even in a derogatory way...
                            life happens
                            despite a few cracked pots-
                            and random sunlight

Comment

What a ludicrous lawsuit. They need to be slapped with one of their own purses.
                              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Mofos will sue for anything if there's even an inkling of a chance they can get some kind of settlement money.
                                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                                X