Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2005, 01:07 AM   #1
Vertigo4KimNovak

Default where can I find an example of a Letter of Intent?

I am searching for samples of LOI (letter of intent) to attach talents...Does someone know a website where I can find this kind of paperwork for free? Cheers
Old 04-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #2
Doug Raine

This is what we got from an actors manager (drawn up by their lawyer). I "*" the areas to be filled in with your specific information.

RE: “STAR’S NAME”/"FILM PROJECT"

Dear “PRODUCER, WRITER, DIRECTOR”:

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Thank you for your inquiry regarding “STAR’S NAME” engagement in connection with the above-referenced motion picture (the "Picture"). As you know, “FIRST NAME - STAR” and his team are truly excited about the possibility of “STAR” starring in the Picture.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp At this time, we can confirm that “STAR” is extremely interested in acting in the Picture, subject to (i) “STAR’S” availability on the specific dates which you propose for his services; (ii) the parties reaching an agreement on terms and conditions relating to “STAR’S engagement on the Picture (e.g., cash compensation and contingent compensation); and (iii) “STAR’S” approval of the budget, distributor, director and principal co-stars in connection with the Picture.

&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp “STAR” is thrilled to be working with you and we look forward to collaborating with you in submitting the project to third parties and putting together the package for the Picture. Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss the foregoing

Best regards.

Sincerely,

“STAR REP”

If you are dealing with the star directly, or course have them put "I" in place of "we/star name" for their name, except at the very top.

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your project.

Doug