Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be worth while...

HI all. This is my first post to this board. I'm pretty much just getting started in screenwriting. Read a lot of books, and I've been to a lot of the screenwriting web sites, soaking up as much info as possible, and I'm working on my first script. Anyway...enough of that.

My question is;

I am currently a video game designer. I've worked on 3 titles in the past 5 years, 2 of which were multi-million unit sellers for PS2/Xbox/Gamecube. Would it be worth while mentioning my video game experience in a query letter, or will they not give a rat's a** about game design experience?

IMO, it seems like at least half-way relevant experience, being that my work has involved writing (dialog, description, etc). Thoughts?

Thanks,

-s

Have you tried writing game scripts? Might be a great way to break in.

Comment

If the games are well-known and made lots of money (sounds like a couple did) then mention it.

don't go into detail - just associate yourself with something that made lots of money - hollywood loves a winner

Comment

David Hayter (voice of Snake in the popular Metal Gear Solid games) wrote a couple of screenplays, one for Xmen.

Maybe he used his video game status to break into hollywood I dont know but it's worth a try.

Comment

I think it would be worth mentioning, particularly since they were big sellers.

Comment

Thanks all.

-s

Comment

I think it's worthwhile since you wrote dialogue and description - I might mention that is what you did - that way they don't ignore it saying 'Why do I care if he programmed Halo?'

Comment

Working...
              X