Trouble in Hollywood - Will The Happening Hit Big?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble in Hollywood - Will The Happening Hit Big?

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/...ening-hit-big/
    @TerranceMulloy

Re: Trouble in Hollywood - Will The Happening Hit Big?

From an early review of the movie:

"'The Happening' is a terrible, terrible movie. I mean, it's bad on an epic scale. It's so bad that I can't possibly tell you how bad it is without understating the point or making it sound like I'm picking on the film. But let me stress: this is not pent-up Shyamalan aggression or a desire to see him fail. This is bad in a jaw-dropping 'they can't really be serious, can they?' kind of way. The closest comparison I can draw is to Neil LaBute's 'Wicker Man' and, like that film, the only consolation I can offer potential theater-goers is that you might want to see it just to be in on the ground floor when the film gets its ass handed back to it."

and

"Seeing a Shyamalan has become this horrifically abusive relationship where I desperately cling to the belief that if I keep loving him, he'll stop hitting me. I'm already telling myself that 'The Last Airbender' will be fascinating because its an adaptation rather than an original creation. That'll help, right? Because "The Happening" just makes me want to cry."

Dude...ouch.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Working...
    X