Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Bono

Default Rhonda Bloom -- Plumeria Entertainment Management

I've heard great things about her.

Just seeing if anyone has more info as I can't find much doing my usual research.

Thanks.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
NYgal
New User

Default Re: Rhonda Bloom -- Plumeria Entertainment Management

If you read trackingb.com, a writer who got honorable mention in their screenwriting contest is repped by her. He has a spec out right now that's generating MAJOR interest. Note, however, that he is also repped by UTA and he got those agents himself (he had mentioned this in a post on the site). So...not sure if Rhonda or UTA are the ones responsible for the script's heat.
NYgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
joe9alt

I'm the writer.

Rhonda Bloom and UTA (I signed with Rhonda in early May, UTA in July) are the best things that have happened to my career.

They've worked amazingly well together to launch me and though I can't give many specifics now, I'm confident that a major breakthrough is on the horizon.

Development is her strong suit...that's the world she came out of (she is a former VP for Paula Weinstein's Spring Creek productions). As far as going "out" with a spec, she can do it, but she prefers to get a major agency onboard to take it out to the town and then coordinate with them to augment their efforts to that end.

It's true I made the initial contact with UTA myself. My agent served on an advisory board for a Writing Fellowship I won a few years ago and I played that card to generate the read. The first thing the agent said was "have your manager call me" and they've been working in unison ever since.

Rhonda also represents Kelly Masterson, the writer of the excellent Sidney Lumet film BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD.

She is one of the most honest and hard working people I've ever met in any walk of life and anybody would be lucky to have her as a manager.
joe9alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #4
Wordsmithteer
Regular

Joe,thanks for sharing your experiences. I hope one day soon to find a manager like yours. Congrats and good luck

Kchant

Be Rock Star Zen!
Wordsmithteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #5
Madbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe9alt View Post
I'm the writer.

Rhonda Bloom and UTA (I signed with Rhonda in early May, UTA in July) are the best things that have happened to my career.

They've worked amazingly well together to launch me and though I can't give many specifics now, I'm confident that a major breakthrough is on the horizon.

Development is her strong suit...that's the world she came out of (she is a former VP for Paula Weinstein's Spring Creek productions). As far as going "out" with a spec, she can do it, but she prefers to get a major agency onboard to take it out to the town and then coordinate with them to augment their efforts to that end.

It's true I made the initial contact with UTA myself. My agent served on an advisory board for a Writing Fellowship I won a few years ago and I played that card to generate the read. The first thing the agent said was "have your manager call me" and they've been working in unison ever since.

Rhonda also represents Kelly Masterson, the writer of the excellent Sidney Lumet film BEFORE THE DEVIL KNOWS YOU'RE DEAD.

She is one of the most honest and hard working people I've ever met in any walk of life and anybody would be lucky to have her as a manager.

Nice work, man. Also I love "Before The Devil..."

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Madbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:31 AM   #6
wheeler
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe9alt View Post
I'm the writer.

Can you give out her contact info?
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #7
joe9alt

C'mon, dude. Finding reps' contact info yourself is part of the fun.
joe9alt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
P.Barb
User

I've used both imdpro and hcdpro. Do you know what tool I've found to be the most effective in locating reps' e-mails?

Plain ol' Google. All it takes is some patience and creative searching.
P.Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
Bono

Agreed. Google is a scary little thing. I googled myself and found a live video of me googling myself... it wasn't pretty.
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
NYgal
New User

Joe, Congratulations on everything and I hope your current spec sells.
NYgal is offline   Reply With Quote