Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt's Best Of 2010

Not that his opinion is golden, but it's interesting that BLACK SWAN did not make his "cut".

1. "Toy Story 3"
    2. "The Social Network"
    3. "Animal Kingdom"
    4. "I Am Love"
    5. "Tangled"
    6. "True Grit"
    7. "The Town"
    8. "Greenberg"
    9. "Cyrus"
    10. "Enter the Void"
    11. "Kick-Ass"
    12. "Knight and Day"
    13. "Get Him to the Greek"
    14. "The Fighter"
    15. "The King's Speech"
    16. "The Kids Are All Right"
    17. "How to Train Your Dragon"
    18. "Robin Hood"
    19. "Amer"
    20. "Jackass 3-D"
    sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Re: Qt's Best Of 2010

Toy Story 3?
    WTF?

Hmm, I've not seen a lot of last year's "must-see" flicks, but of the American films released (obviously, that I did see), I'd have to list Green Zoneand The Expendables.
    The latter was a bit of a let down on first viewing, but upon realising that Jet Li can't always be the star and making back stories for each character would've resulted in a tedious 4-hour film, it was a great action-fest and gave a nice nod towards Stratham as well as introducing Kurt Angle as a cinema arse kicker.
    I've no idea who the black dude was, but each time he fired his shotgun - especially to take out guard towers (FVCK YEAH!), I almost fired my own gun.

Here's another best of 2010 list I came across, and where I've no interest in ever watching some bullshit Facebook film, it salutes dramas as all critics should when compliling these lists (sigh):

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2010...s_of_2010.html
    Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

i'm sure QT will be the only one with jackass 3D on his list
      and maybe he loved toy story 3 b/c he was getting a BJ while he watched it

ebert has always favored dramas. and will go down as the most respected of all critics... which are a dime a dozen these days.

Comment

I think it's a great list, actually. Very varied, and feels genuine and honest. He just listed what he liked, not thinking about what other people might expect him to like.

Comment

Robin Hood? My word that was a dreary movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
            Toy Story 3?
            WTF?
            I know, right? What's that undeniable masterpiece doing in the spot it deserves to be in?!

Comment

Originally posted by WriteHandMan View Post
              Not that his opinion is golden, but it's interesting that BLACK SWAN did not make his "cut".
              Well, it did make getting to an obvious destination a chore.
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Tangled?

How the fvck can you put Tangled on the same list as Enter the Void?

No wonder he's a one hit wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by nathanq View Post
                  Tangled?

How the fvck can you put Tangled on the same list as Enter the Void?

No wonder he's a one hit wonder.
                  Quentin Tarantino has made several hit movies, on a span of 15 years.

Comment

How? He liked both of them, that's how. And, while I'm not a huge fan of QT, I can honestly say he's not a one hit wonder.

Keep in mind this list is not from Entertainment Weekly. It's his own personal.
                    sigpic

"I'm gonna run ya ragged!"

"YEE HAWWW!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                      I know, right? What's that undeniable masterpiece doing in the spot it deserves to be in?!
                      Dude, sometimes it's so difficult knowing when you're being facetious.
                      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                        Dude, sometimes it's so difficult knowing when you're being facetious.
                        I don't even know half the time.

Comment

I don't really see what would be weird about having Toy Story 3 as number one. It's a great film.

It wouldn't make my number one spot, but it might make top 10. If it were not a sequel, it might make top five. Because it IS a great film, that works masterfully on pretty much every level. Sequels just tend to have a bit of a been-there-done-that aura, and TS3 isn't any different to me. UP was easily top 5 material for me.

I think having K&D and Robin Hood in there is kinda weirder. I somewhat liked both, but they are very average, and it's hard to see anyone *loving* them. Then again, QT loved Superman Returns, so...

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            Is Toy Story 3 a movie you liked, or the one that sucked the least?
                            TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
                              Is Toy Story 3 a movie you liked, or the one that sucked the least?
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X