Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Classes, Contests, Conferences, Festivals, Groups, Panels & Seminars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
scaggnetti
New User

Default Austin Film Festival 2011

Anyone heard back yet about the 1st/2nd round cut?
scaggnetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #2
Richmond Weems

Default Re: Austin Film Festival 2011

I think the last email said that they'd be sending letters out no later than August 31st. So there's still some time left to gnaw the fingernails down.

HH
Richmond Weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
KenRichards

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaggnetti View Post
Anyone heard back yet about the 1st/2nd round cut?
You will probably get better responses to this in the "Contest" section of the message board.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
JoeBanks

unless their notification procedures have changed from last year, my experience as a second-rounder in the drama teleplay were: (1) you don't want a letter; (2) you do want a phone call.

i think they all usually hit around labor day
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
KenRichards

I think I recall reading on their website that notifications will go out late August.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
Richmond Weems

Oh, for Christ's sakes...

Here you go. Straight from the email I received on Aug 5:

"We will be announcing advancements soon. Notification letters will go out to First Round and Second Round entrants by August 31st. Semifinalists will also be notified by this date. Readerís notes will be provided soon after for all entrants who advance to the Second Round and above. Finalists will be announced by September 22, and the winners will be announced on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at the Austin Film Festivalís Awards Luncheon held at the historic Austin Club."

HH
Old 08-17-2011, 09:34 AM   #7
zenplato

Quote:
Originally Posted by haroldhecuba View Post
Oh, for Christ's sakes...

Here you go. Straight from the email I received on Aug 5:

"We will be announcing advancements soon. Notification letters will go out to First Round and Second Round entrants by August 31st. Semifinalists will also be notified by this date. Readerís notes will be provided soon after for all entrants who advance to the Second Round and above. Finalists will be announced by September 22, and the winners will be announced on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at the Austin Film Festivalís Awards Luncheon held at the historic Austin Club."

HH
Are you going to come down? I'm going to presume it depends on how well you do, but still, Austin could use your musical Hamlet.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
Richmond Weems

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenplato View Post
Are you going to come down? I'm going to presume it depends on how well you do, but still, Austin could use your musical Hamlet.
I'm seriously thinking about it, but, yeah, it will depend on how well I do. If I do come down, I'm going to steal some money (maybe get a pizza delivery guy to do the dirty work) and stay at one of the hotels. That way I just have to stay sober enough to stumble to a room as opposed to looking in a map book and trying to give the cab driver directions to get back to the house I was staying at.

HH
Old 08-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #9
cvolante

At the risk of sounding like a total cheerleader/cheesefest, I have to say if you can swing the costs of getting there and getting a badge/hotel etc. it's totally worth it. The conference is in a GORGEOUS, (haunted), 1886 hotel - the panels are amazing (so many great things I've lost count-- heavy on the Pixar, heavy on comedy writers, heavy on Shane Black and Terry Rossio panels. Last year Michael Arndt totally got and deserved a standing ovation for his "insanely great endings.") People are really really really really nice. Also you're 2 feet away from 6th street which is full of "marcha" -- lots of music and activity and people and such. And the brunch is the best brunch I've ever had in my life-- biscuits, eggs with nopalitos (cactus), really crispy bacon and FREE MIMOSAS. YUM. Also if you're from some place where you might be in sweatshirt season in late October, you'll love how nice and warm it is in Austin in October.
cvolante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Aspirant

Update from Austin FB page:

"We will be sending letter notifications to all First Round and Second Round entrants by the 31st. Semifinalists will receive a phone call around that time as well. Second Rounders and Semifinalists will also receive an e-mail with information about attending the Conference. The results will be posted on our website next week. Stay tuned and good luck!"
Aspirant is offline   Reply With Quote