Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
mixj
User

Default Leah Estrin

She offers consulting now. Has anyone worked with her through a consultation or known someone who has? Thanks in advance for any help.
mixj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
jcpdoc
Regular

Default Re: Leah Estrin

She's a creative exec at Imagine, right?
jcpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
mixj
User

Was. Does consulting now.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
jcpdoc
Regular

I had a conference call with her a year or so ago about a script that made it to her desk. She was super nice and super savvy. I didn't realize she'd left Imagine. I'm sure she's a terrific resource; given her experience, I'd jump at the chance to work with her.

Last edited by jcpdoc : 03-02-2013 at 06:34 AM.
jcpdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #5
Grandmaster

Consulting for producers or struggling amateur writers?

One party has the money to spend and is serious about business, whereas the other is likely far away from success and skint. The latter also implies a sense of easy-money... and I'm wary of those offering this kind of "service".

Still, someone with that kind of experience and contacts must be good to know if you can cut the mustard, so why not make your own equiries and let the rest of us know how it all went?

For Educational Purposes Only - help on how to analyse scripts and rewrite.
Grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
mixj
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post

One party has the money to spend and is serious about business, whereas the other is likely far away from success and skint. The latter also implies a sense of easy-money... and I'm wary of those offering this kind of "service".

Still, someone with that kind of experience and contacts must be good to know if you can cut the mustard, so why not make your own equiries and let the rest of us know how it all went?
I did. And although this post is kinda rude I will let you all know how it went.

Leah is great, she gave me an almost 2 hour phone conversation which led to 4 pages of my own notes. She also prepared talking points in a .pdf which she sent me before the e-mail and I agreed with almost every thing she said. Her perspective didn't feel like a corporate perspective, but felt very real and writer-ish and she has a great eye for detail and offers great suggestions. I'd highly recommend her and her price was phenomenal. I will definitely work with her again.

The link to her service is here: http://www.kerwinagency.com/Writers-Workshop.html
Old 10-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
mixj
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster View Post

Just wanted to respond to this. I've worked with Leah a few times now and will continue to do so. Her comments are very insightful, and she has a great perspective on story. With a lot of feedback services I don't end up responding to ideas, but Leah has great ideas that I've incorporated into my work. Highly recommend. I don't get paid to say this.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #8
LIMAMA

Miss Estrin may be a fantastic script consultant, but this website does her no favors.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #9
mixj
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMAMA View Post
Miss Estrin may be a fantastic script consultant, but this website does her no favors.
She actually has a new website now, check it out. Can't recommend her enough.

http://creativescriptconsulting.com/
Old 01-22-2014, 04:58 PM   #10
LIMAMA

Much better!