Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox NYTVF Sitcom Pilot Contest 2013

Submissions accepted starting 4/22 and ending May 6 or after they get 1500 entries, whichever comes first.

No entry fee.

http://www.nytvf.com/2013_fox_contest.html

Re: Fox NYTVF Sitcom Pilot Contest 2013

I'm planning to enter.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I am definitely going to enter too. No entry fee is also a big plus!

Comment

They just changed the deadlines: "The submission period will open at noon Eastern Time (ET) on May 20, 2013 and will close at noon ET on June 3, 2013."

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
          They just changed the deadlines: "The submission period will open at noon Eastern Time (ET) on May 20, 2013 and will close at noon ET on June 3, 2013."
          And I just polished my spec some days ago...****!!!
          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I'm very happy they moved it. They don't allow you to submit anything that is currently submitted elsewhere, so I was working on a whole new idea...now I have time to do it properly.

Granted, the odds of being caught are small but I am a goody two shoes rule follower.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
              I'm very happy they moved it. They don't allow you to submit anything that is currently submitted elsewhere, so I was working on a whole new idea...now I have time to do it properly.

Granted, the odds of being caught are small but I am a goody two shoes rule follower.
              Currently entered anywhere else as far as contests, I assume? I wonder if that Glen Howelton call-for-submissions-on-Twitter is considered a 'contest.' I mean, it's not really, right?
              "I need someone who laughs at all my jokes. You know; honest feedback."
              - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
                Currently entered anywhere else as far as contests, I assume? I wonder if that Glen Howelton call-for-submissions-on-Twitter is considered a 'contest.' I mean, it's not really, right?
                I don't know if that would count. Last week a few people who had submitted to Glenn Howerton said they were contacted to sign a release. So even if it does count, you would know by now if you were still being considered.

Comment

I don't know if that would count. Last week a few people who had submitted to Glenn Howerton said they were contacted to sign a release. So even if it does count, you would know by now if you were still being considered.
                  hm. Yeah, I guess so huh? Yeah, I was wondering when that thing was ending... Well, now I'm depressed. But thanks for the info.

Anyone here get asked? Where did you see that?
                  Last edited by gridlock'd; 04-06-2013, 08:02 AM.
                  - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

Originally posted by gridlock'd View Post
                    hm. Yeah, I guess so huh? Yeah, I was wondering when that thing was ending... Well, now I'm depressed. But thanks for the info.

Anyone here get asked? Where did you see that?
                    I don't think it has ended, at least not officially according to Glenn or Rob's twitter. They haven't said anything. I know they got bombarded by over 400 submissions in like 2 weeks, so they're probably trying to get through all of them and sending out requests in waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                      I don't think it has ended, at least not officially according to Glenn or Rob's twitter. They haven't said anything. I know they got bombarded by over 400 submissions in like 2 weeks, so they're probably trying to get through all of them and sending out requests in waves.
                      Hope springs eternal. Thanks, Kowalski.
                      - C. Montgomery Burns

Comment

They got 400 submissions in FIVE DAYS. And that was before they said people could e-mail (and their info was passed around like a hooker).
                        http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                          They got 400 submissions in FIVE DAYS. And that was before they said people could e-mail (and their info was passed around like a hooker).
                          I fvcked 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                            They had to be expecting that though, after giving people the option to submit through email. I can't even find that thread anymore. I was hoping to find out if they contacted anyone from here.

Comment

My friend and I both sent in scripts. He was contacted to sign a release. I was not.

Comment

Working...
                              X