Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Announcements, News, & Opportunities
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
screenwriter1
User

Default New Script Coverage

I took second in the Ultimate Logline contest in March and I am going to the Scriptfest this year. I recommend that competition when it opens again. That is a short intro on me. Here is my site it is new, so there will be kinks and changes made. I want to look even better my friend who is a computer genius may help . Here is the link, http://americanscriptfix.weebly.com/#/ What is unique about the service is that it is unlimited coverage for one down payment of 9.99$ a month. That is cheaper than most services. However, I am giving a free trial for thirty days. I may even extend it, because this is a new concept. I also know that money is hard to come by as screenwriter.You can go there and post if you want. I want the site to be about improving and getting scripts perfect. Just send the script in PDF or FDX, and I will send you between eight to ten pages of notes. It will include a logline, a short synopsis, character development, dialogue, structure, uniqueness. I will create a report card for you to see all your strengths and weaknesses. I want you to enjoy it first before you pay money. I am really excited about this idea, you can submit your script as much as you feel you need coverage. I will be there working for you, and guide you on this journey. I will take no ownership. I hope you enjoy and I am going to love reading your scripts. If you help out and subscribe it will make the site even better. I also have several ideas in the works. I will have a logline contest, a synoposis contest, and lastly a screenplay contest. I am looking forward to working for you! I hope you enjoy my script coverage this maybe the new future a monthly script coverage service. Thank You for your time, and I am excited to read your scripts any length is okay. I will even read novels if you write that and give a similar report.
Sincerely,

Kristopher Micah Newcome

Thanks

Last edited by screenwriter1 : 04-30-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
jimjimgrande

Default Re: New Script Coverage

Do you evaluate or correct things like grammar, proper word usage, and the construction of cohesive sentences?

Also, what is your first language? Where are you from?

Old 04-30-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
screenwriter1
User

I will do everything you feel you need. I want to improve your scripts. I am from America and just send me email, I will begin your coverage tonight. I am excited to read your work.

Thank You

Last edited by screenwriter1 : 04-30-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
Cooper
Regular

This is a joke, right?
Old 04-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
jimjimgrande

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
This is a joke, right?
I actually wonder if it's a phishing scam.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #6
screenwriter1
User

Smile Re: New Script Coverage

First I will create a free logline to use. Then I will give you a half page synopsis. I will give you a page on the structure and dialogue. I will give you a quick pitch about your film. I will give you two pages on were to improve and build on your amazing script. I will give you a page on what I feel makes it unique. I will give you some feedback on your characters. If there are typos, I will point them out. I will give you a three page Market Strategy with a Report card similar to script shark. I want to create a unique service that gives the writers something to build on without having to spend 250$ like I did. I got great feedback but at the end of the day I spent 400$. I am not asking for money right away either. I am doing this completely free, the 9.99 is a optional price. However, everyone has to start somewhere. I would love to read your scripts. If so send them to e-mail, and if you enjoy the feedback keep coming back. I want to get even more experience, and I am passionate about screenwriting. Thanks, I hope you enjoy my service. I do you hope you check the link I deleted the e-mail. I realized that was risky. I hope you send a script so I can review it. Just post it on the site then after I give you the report I will delete it off. I apologize if that caused you to worry, I just want to get my feet wet. I am willing to read your script for free, and give you feedback to improve it. Thanks for your time, I am sorry if you were alarmed.

Last edited by screenwriter1 : 04-30-2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
screenwriter1
User

I said I am doing it free this is not a scam. I am looking to get more experience. I will use a similar template to script shark. I ended up spending four hundred dollars their. I am trying to build a unique brand. I want to see what people think and I am trying to create something that has never been tried. I want to help others writers and save them money. Look just try it and you will get notes in three days. I want to see if the model works, if you guys and gals like it then I will build it professionally. In the future if you like it will be 9.99$ a month for unlimited coverage. However, right now it is free so test it out first. This is pro bono at the moment this is in the development stage. I will try to bring people on board. You retain all ownership if it worries you I will send you one of my scripts.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #8
Cooper
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by screenwriter1 View Post
First I will create a free logline to use. Then I will give you a half page synopsis. I will give you a page on the structure and dialogue. I will give you a quick pitch about your film. I will give you two pages on were to improve and build on your amazing script. I will give you a page on what I feel makes it unique. I will give you some feedback on your characters. If there are typos, I will point them out. I will give you a three page Market Strategy with a Report card similar to script shark. I want to create a unique service that gives the writers something to build on without having to spend 250$ like I did. I got great feedback but at the end of the day I spent 400$. I am not asking for money right away either. I am doing this completely free, the 9.99 is a optional price. However, everyone has to start somewhere. I would love to read your scripts. If so send them to e-mail, and if you enjoy the feedback keep coming back. I want to get even more experience, and I am passionate about screenwriting. Thanks, I hope you enjoy my service.
What are your qualifications to do this? Being "passionate about screenwriting" does not mean you have the experience/knowledge/wisdom to advise others. It's one thing to want to gain experience and so offer to read/critique scripts, while it's quite another to charge money to do so.

That being said, oh please, someone take him up on his offer and post the results here at Done Deal.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
muckraker

Wow, this is crazy.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #10
screenwriter1
User

Look I am offering it for free. The site is pro bono, I am just offering the service. I have a template that will be helpful if you want some feedback. I am no longer charging money. Open the site it says it is free. I will give anyone who uses free notes roughly eight pages. If you don't want to fine, but I realized money was pointless at the moment. I am offering a pro bono service and I am not charging anyone at the moment. I am trying to build a resume everyone starts from somewhere. I don't claim ownership, I recently took second in my first logline contest. I just want to offer advice, I am going to Scriptfest at the end of may. Thanks for your time, I hope you enjoy this free service. I look forward to hearing from you.
Closed Thread