Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2018, 12:00 PM   #61
catcon

Default Re: Amazon Studios 45 days - Still evaluating?

My "[Not Published Yet]" problem got fixed, but that didn't inspire them to keep the submission any longer than usual; 2-3 days. They're speedy with features, much slower with pilots. But, at least they still get to things. If the system were totally abandoned, they'd do to it what they did with their forum.

But since the time and resources it takes (besides the readers' time, and a bit of server space) is minimal, they might as well keep it going since "you never know what'll pop up." After all, the thing is totally automated and basically self-maintaining.
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:22 AM   #62
spyder23

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcon View Post
My "[Not Published Yet]" problem got fixed, but that didn't inspire them to keep the submission any longer than usual; 2-3 days. They're speedy with features, much slower with pilots. But, at least they still get to things. If the system were totally abandoned, they'd do to it what they did with their forum.

But since the time and resources it takes (besides the readers' time, and a bit of server space) is minimal, they might as well keep it going since "you never know what'll pop up." After all, the thing is totally automated and basically self-maintaining.
They've had my feature now for what, today is, Day 229. 4 downloads on Private, the fourth just over a month ago. Been on Deciding for roughly 200 days. So I'm not so sure they're all that speedy with them. lol

My pilot is still with them in Deciding, it's on Day 251.
spyder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #63
catcon

Well I've had features and pilots >100 too, but mostly far more expeditious.

If you have things in that long, you have my permissions to have very nice dreams about what might be, before you hit deep REM every night.

But of course that doesn't excuse you (us) from writing and pitching our new epics. Best of luck!
Old 02-16-2018, 01:30 AM   #64
arunadasi
New User

Hello, new member here! I'm not a screenwriter; I'm a veteran novelist with to date seven published novels. One of them seems particularly cinematic and also timely as far as content is concerned so when a writer friend told me about AS I thought I'd try my luck.

Since I don't have a script but want to sell the book rights, I uploaded a very short promotional video I created when the book was first published (2017). It's less than a minute long and puts across the gist of the story quite succintly.

I uploaded it on Wednesday, day before yesterday. I just checked and see that it has been marked Deciding and has 4 downloads. However, reading this whole thread I see that's nothing to get excited about, it could take months and still end in a pass!
Still, it's a start, and it's good to see it wasn't rejected out of hand.

As mentioned it's a very topical story in the drama genre, and the book has had many great reviews on Amazon; but what worries me is that part of it takes place in Mumbai, and I know that foreign filming is expensive...

Anyway, no questions as yet. I just wanted to be part of the discussion, just in case...

edited to add: it's on private.

Last edited by arunadasi : 02-16-2018 at 02:06 AM.
arunadasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #65
Paracellsus
New User

Submitted a feature six months ago. Been in the "deciding" phase for three.
Paracellsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:45 AM   #66
spyder23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder23 View Post
They've had my feature now for what, today is, Day 229. 4 downloads on Private, the fourth just over a month ago. Been on Deciding for roughly 200 days. So I'm not so sure they're all that speedy with them. lol

My pilot is still with them in Deciding, it's on Day 251.
To update... I'm on Day 306 of a submitted Pilot, still Deciding.

My feature is on Day 283, also still Deciding.

At this point, I'm not even sure they're looking at anything anymore.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #67
catcon

These guys do promise they'll get back to writers who submit stuff. They're not like, say, let's see, pick one... Boz Productions, who don't make that commitment and took something of mine on June 7, 2010 and have never responded. (That's 2,854 days, according to my database counter!)

Okay, how about this: AS has told you when you've enquired that they're still on it, right? Well, it couldn't get any worse, so I'd suggest you remove the project. But before you throw in the towel for good and move on to greener pastures, resubmit it!

I bet you've made a few tweaks to improve the thing anyway, in all those months, right? So send it back in with those tweaks. It's an open submission system, for a studio that does have the money to make films, and most of all it doesn't cost us anything. So it's nonsense to depend on it, but also nonsense not to use it.

After all, it doesn't appear you sit there all day and obsess about these specific submissions. With Amazon, it's just submit and forget, with you, right?

So try a re-submission and it'll be sure to get back into the queue. Because...

Quote:
...At this point, I'm not even sure they're looking at anything anymore.
They absolutely are, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm in a big polishing mode, and I've resubmitted almost a dozen this year, and they continue to follow that old methodology: 1-3 downloads, 2-3 days through to Deciding, then out. Well, almost. I have two still in evaluating after almost 3 weeks, with 2 downloads and 3 downloads respectively.

I'm not going to feel guilty about this, but it does appear that these are in an active queue ahead of yours, eh?

Give it a try. As I say, it can't be worse.

PS. I sure hope you haven't held up these scripts from pitching elsewhere!
Old 04-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #68
ClintW3
Regular

Quote:
To update... I'm on Day 306 of a submitted Pilot, still Deciding.

My feature is on Day 283, also still Deciding.

At this point, I'm not even sure they're looking at anything anymore.
This makes me feel better about lingering in DECIDING limbo since early February.

Last edited by ClintW3 : 04-02-2018 at 03:20 PM. Reason: typo
ClintW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 08:45 PM   #69
spyder23

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcon View Post
These guys do promise they'll get back to writers who submit stuff. They're not like, say, let's see, pick one... Boz Productions, who don't make that commitment and took something of mine on June 7, 2010 and have never responded. (That's 2,854 days, according to my database counter!)

Okay, how about this: AS has told you when you've enquired that they're still on it, right? Well, it couldn't get any worse, so I'd suggest you remove the project. But before you throw in the towel for good and move on to greener pastures, resubmit it!

I bet you've made a few tweaks to improve the thing anyway, in all those months, right? So send it back in with those tweaks. It's an open submission system, for a studio that does have the money to make films, and most of all it doesn't cost us anything. So it's nonsense to depend on it, but also nonsense not to use it.

After all, it doesn't appear you sit there all day and obsess about these specific submissions. With Amazon, it's just submit and forget, with you, right?

So try a re-submission and it'll be sure to get back into the queue. Because...

They absolutely are, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm in a big polishing mode, and I've resubmitted almost a dozen this year, and they continue to follow that old methodology: 1-3 downloads, 2-3 days through to Deciding, then out. Well, almost. I have two still in evaluating after almost 3 weeks, with 2 downloads and 3 downloads respectively.

I'm not going to feel guilty about this, but it does appear that these are in an active queue ahead of yours, eh?

Give it a try. As I say, it can't be worse.

PS. I sure hope you haven't held up these scripts from pitching elsewhere!
Never said I was obsessing or that I wasn't still hustling. All I did was give an update since I commented months ago in this thread. No tweaks to script and I don't plan on removing and resubmitting. And yes AS has told me they're still reviewing it so that makes zero sense to remove it.

FWIW this script made The Hit List a few years ago. I advised my producers at that time I wanted it submitted to Amazon as I felt it was a perfect fit for them but that's a story for another day. I never knew they had an open submission process until last summer so I submitted it myself.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #70
ewtaylor
Regular

It literally took them two days to say no to my submission.
ewtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote