Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo ho ho Xmas contest 2018 [washout]

Well here we are in the jolly month of December.

Anyone up for a seasonal writing challenge?

It doesn't have to be about or or

Although they make Christmas movies all the time! Or so it seems, as I watch them pop up on the feelgood/romance TV movie channels. Brrrr.

I've mentioned this before, it's a strange coincidence that previous Xmas contests have seemed to favor odd years, the even years have been washouts, not enough entries received. I wonder how this one will go. If it goes at all.

2017 | Entries | Results
    2015 | Entries | Results
    2013 | Entries | Results
    2011 | Entries | Results

Re: Yo ho ho Xmas contest 2018

Yep it'll give me a chance to start something completely new with FADE IN
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
      Well here we are in the jolly month of December.

Anyone up for a seasonal writing challenge?

It doesn't have to be about or or
      I for one am glad that we don't have to write stories about decapitating Santa Claus or beheading a moose or for that mater destroying vegetation, but am glad that those options are open to us.

Can it be a period piece written way-back in times of you're?

Comment

Well it's either this or another month of yelling at the kids, to get off the grass.

Hard decision, but I think I'll write something.
        "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
          Well it's either this or another month of yelling at the kids, to get off the grass.

Studies show that marijuana is harmful to teen brains, so by all means, do write, but also, yes, yell at the kids to get off the grass.
          “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
            Yep it'll give me a chance to start something completely new with FADE IN
            Excellent, no pressure, but be there or be square.

Originally posted by Mark Somers View Post
            I for one am glad that we don't have to write stories about decapitating Santa Claus or beheading a moose or for that mater destroying vegetation, but am glad that those options are open to us.
            Yeah I'd happily read that script.

Can it be a period piece written way-back in times of you're?
            omg are you referring to the 2006 Xmas contest with the theme, "santa claus has to take mrs. claus to the gynecologist."?

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post

Every time someone says they'll write something, a bell rings in Heaven!

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post
            Studies show that marijuana is harmful to teen brains, so by all means, do write, but also, yes, yell at the kids to get off the grass.
            Is that a "Yes, I'm in!" ??

Comment

"omg are you referring to the 2006 Xmas contest with the theme, "santa claus has to take mrs. claus to the gynecologist."?"

I just read that whole thread. Great stuff. Aaaaannnd written in one day.

Comment

DEAR ABBY: I have a problem. I have two brothers. One brother writes screenplays, the other was put to death in the electric chair for murder. My mother died from insanity when I was three years old. My sisters are prostitutes, and my father sells narcotics to high school students. Recently I met a girl who was just released from a reformatory where she served time for smothering her illegitimate child to death, and I want to marry her.

My problem is -- if I marry this girl, should I tell her about my brother who writes screenplays?

S.S.

("Borrowed" and slightly modified)

Comment

Dear S.S., if you'd written that as a short screenplay I would've voted it 1st.

Don't tell her about your brother, why ruin a blissful marriage?

Comment

Just pinged over to the fifth page of my retelling the nativity scene with Bruce Willis and Joseph and Milla Jollovitch as Mary
                    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                      Just pinged over to the fifth page of my retelling the nativity scene with Bruce Willis and Joseph and Milla Jollovitch as Mary

Every holiday season I binge watch "Leave it to Jesus". All 267 episodes. Most people don't know that Bruce Willis wasn't the original Joseph, Charles Nelson Reilly was.

Comment

Just saying, if a contest does happen -- if we get enough participants and script submissions -- then the deadline would very likely be a week from today (EOD Sun 23rd). Followed by 2 days of reading and voting, and the results posted on Xmas Day.

Comment

gentlefolk I have failed... I have 8 pages but I have meandered away from the finale
                          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Belay that stuff and nonsense! Done-ish! A one draft wonder
                            I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Sorry.

I didn't get a script entered. I was writing one, but decided it was total crap and a waste of reading time. I had some ideas on how to rip it apart and maybe put it back together again so it would be slightly less crappy.

That was this evening, then my son called and I ended up talking to him past one this morning. We don't talk enough, so I that was a win for me.

I still feel bad about not working on a better script though.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X