Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to write orgasm sounds?

This is a 2 part question. First how do you write the sound someone makes when they orgasm? Do you describe it in action... Michael grunts as he orgasms. Or do you write it in dialog?

Michael
    Grunts

The second question is how how do you spell the sounds people make when they orgasm? Men and Women.

I've tried doing a google search for these questions but all I get is experts describing specific sex scenes in movies

Best
    GMW

It could be a fun descriptive moment so I wouldn't hold back.

Michael reaches his climax and bares his teeth and GRUNTS it out like he's giving birth to a bowling ball.

MICHAEL
    Howdy doody! Oh man that's the
    good stuff right there, oh yeah baby.

Comment

I did a quick Google search for "sex sounds written." This may not answer all your question(s), but see if this helps some:

https://writinghelpers.tumblr.com/po...ounds-for-smut

Don't go overboard with this, of course. Keep it relatively simple. Be clear. Give a sense of the passion, excitement and/or thrills of the moment -- maybe even a little daring and danger too, if appropriate. Indicate key moments that are necessary for the story or to revealing character, and leave it at that. The rest they will take care of on set, and later in post-production.

And if you haven't yet, think of some sex scenes you've seen which similar to what you are trying to write and see if you can track down scripts for those films. See what those writers did.
      Will
      Done Deal Pro
      www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Always see how others did it... find specs of movies with lots of sex.... Here is Basic Instinct script as I found it online, I don't know if it's original spec or someone else wrote... First scene is a murder scene too... (spacing is way off from what it was...)

Classic orgasm in movies is the hand opening wide.... "her hands open wide, showing us she just had a great orgasm something my wife never experienced and is very jealous of..."

INT. A BEDROOM - NIGHT

It is dark; we don't see clearly. a man and woman make love on a brass bed. There are mirrors on the walls and ceiling. On a side table, atop a small mirror, lines of cocaine.

A tape deck PLAYS the Stones "Sympathy for the Devil." Atop him... she straddles his chest... her breasts in his face. He cups her breasts. She leans down, kisses him...

JOHNNY BOZ is in his late 40's, slim, good-looking. We don't see the woman's face. She has long blonde hair. The CAMERA STAYS BEHIND and to the side of them.

She leans close over his face, her tongue in his mouth... she kisses him... she moves her hands up, holds both of his arms above his head. She moves higher atop him... she reaches to the side of the bed... a white silk scarf is in her hand... her hips above his face now, moving... slightly, oh-so slightly... his face strains towards her.

The scarf in her hand... she ties his hands with it... gently... to the brass bed... his eyes are closed... tighter... lowering hips into his face... lower... over his chest... his navel.

The SONG plays. He is inside her... his head arches back... his throat white. She arches her back... her hips grind... her breasts are high...

Her back arches back... back... her head tilts back... she extends her arms... the right arm comes down suddenly... the steel flashes... his throat is white... He bucks, writhes, bucks, convulses... It flashes up... it flashes down... and up... and down... and up... and..

-----

INT. HER BEDROOM - LATER

The Stones play "Sympathy for the Devil."

Atop him... she leans close over his face, her tongue in his mouth... kneeling over him... she moves his arms above his head... moves higher atop him... her breasts in his face... she reaches over to the side... a white silk scarf is in her hand... she moves higher above him... kneeling over his face... moving oh-so-slightly... his face strains towards her.

The scarf in both hands now... she starts to tie his hands with it... his eyes are open, watching her... she ties it loosely, gently... it isn't tight... but his hands are tied to the brass bed. She kisses him... moving her hips lower now... over his chest... lower...

And he is inside her... her arms above him... his eyes open... she kisses his neck... bites but not hard... moves... grinding hard against him now.. she is on her knees... head arches back.. her breasts high.. still grinding.

Her back arches, strains... he strains toward her... she holds her arms high... she comes out of the arch... shivering... falling over him... the scarf loosens... his arms come forward and hold her close.. closer... closer... as she moves with slight... shivery... movements.

Comment

I just went through a whole roll of paper towel and I hope it's not because Bono posted it.
          TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Use soft tissues or you will regret it Mark.

Comment

Write the sex not the sound. You're writing for a reader, not an audience. You want to draw the reader in, get them inside your world so that they can't put down your script. Not all sex sounds the same, and it's easy to knock someone out of a read with the wrong approach. Read some prose and adapt that -- much like the examples Bono shared above. Not a single word of sound written in either. Yet you may read them with vocalizations regardless.

Comment

Once again great examples (and some funny stuff too) thanks for all the great suggestions. I'm ready to proceed.
                gnw

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                  Use soft tissues or you will regret it Mark.
                  Too late. I ran out of soft tissues months ago and I'm regretting it big time. To help with the roughness I used a lot of hand lotion and now I'm on my second roll of paper towels. It could be a lot worse. When I was younger I could fill a bath tub and that's without reading anything. Just standing up in front of class was enough sometimes and it especially didn't help to picture the audience naked. Whoever thought that that public speaking tip worked most have been half blind or stoned and blind, or something. It doesn't work.
                  TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Always see how others did it... find specs of movies with lots of sex.... Here is Basic Instinct script as I found it online, I don't know if it's original spec or someone else wrote... First scene is a murder scene too... (spacing is way off from what it was...)
                    It was a spec by Joe Eszterhas. He said he wrote it in 13 days, but thought about it for ten years. Below are his "10 Golden Rules," rules from a writer who was paid $26 million for his scripts in the 90s...

Joe Eszterhas’s 10 Golden Rules Of Screenwriting
                    1. Don’t see too many new movies. Most movies in theatres today are awful. They will depress you. You will think to yourself: How can they have made this abominable script instead of buying and making mine? Spare yourself the anguish. Read a good book instead.
                    2. Don’t mince words. If the idea a studio executive gives you is a shitty one, don’t say “Well, that’s interesting, but…” Say “That’s a really shitty idea.” The people you’re dealing with aren’t stupid—they’re just vain. Deep in their hearts they know it’s a shitty idea.
                    3. Don’t let ’em convince you to change what you’ve written. A director isn’t a writer. Neither is a producer or a studio exec. You write for a living. You’re the pro. They’re amateurs. Dilettantes at best. Treat them that way. Make them feel that’s what they are.
                    4. Don’t pitch stories, write spec scripts. Why try to convince a roomful of unread egomaniacs that you can write a good script about something. Just sit down and write the damn thing. It’s much more honest to do it well than to promise to do it well.
                    5. Write it from your heart. Life is short; shorter than you think. Don’t do hack work. If a studio wants to give you an assignment to write something, do it only if it rings spiritual, psychic or sexual bells inside you.
                    6. Always lie about your first draft. I told people I’d been working on the script of Basic Instinct for years when I sold it for a record price. When the movie became the biggest hit of 1992, I told the truth: It had taken me 13 days to write it.
                    7. Remember family secrets. If you’re stuck for something to write about, think of all those things your family just doesn’t talk about. Somewhere in there lurks at least one good script.
                    8. In the company of the director, don’t bend over. No matter how charming he is, the director is not your friend and collaborator. He is your enemy. He wants to impose his creative vision on yours. He wants to take what you’ve written and make it his and then take credit for it.
                    9. Blacken your heart a little bit. My old and beloved agent, Guy McElwaine, told me “There is no heart as black as the black heart of an agent.” Even though he’d been my agent for a long time—and even though I truly loved him—the day came when I fired him.
                    10. Don’t let the bastards get you down. If you can’t sell your script, or if you sell the script and they bring in another writer to butcher it, or if the director claims in interviews that he really wrote your script, or if the actors claim that they improvised all of your best lines, or if you’re left out of the press junket, simply sit down and write another script. And if the same thing happens to you on that one, write another and another and another and another, until you get one up there that’s your vision translated by the director to the big screen.
                    I like him.
                    Last edited by Done Deal Pro; 04-19-2021, 03:31 PM. Reason: Fixed some code.
                    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Joe is great! He's also funny.

Comment

I think Basic Instinct is a great example of how you don't have to "literally" write sex sounds. Due to the visceral nature of the writing, our minds fills-in everything else not on the page. Though, if it is required by the scene you can. In my rom-com I start with a short half page scene where a woman FAKES her orgasm b/c the guy in the scene with her can't seem to do it right. That has sounds, a bit like When Harry Met Sally-- an homage, if you will with the faking being during the actual sex. I'd say try to keep it lean-- to what's most important. Like ever other aspect of a screenplay-- less is more, show don't tell, visual first, sound second, and dialogue third, only when visual and sound isn't fulfilling the scene function.
                        "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Joe is great! He's also funny.
                          JOE ESZTERHAS, 70s, chain-smoking rock star writer.

Comment

don't smoke kids, but yes write like Joe E... a lot.
                            Last edited by Bono; 04-19-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by finalact4 View Post
                              In my rom-com I start with a short half page scene where a woman FAKES her orgasm b/c the guy in the scene with her can't seem to do it right. That has sounds, a bit like When Harry Met Sally-- an homage, if you will with the faking being during the actual sex.
                              I'm reminded of Steve Martin in All Of Me (huh, 5 years before When Harry Met Sally, thanks imdb) when the boss's daughter tells him she faked all her orgasms, and demonstrates for him on the spot, loudly. And he replies, Yeah? Well I faked mine, too!

Comment

Working...
                              X