No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the genre

----
    Last edited by Otuken; 04-08-2022, 06:31 AM.

I do not think that anyone can provide anything but an opinion. I am not aware of any rigid categories.

I would just call it a "young adult drama" and not worry about it.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I'd go with just DRAMA.

Comment

It depends what the tone of the show is. In the states, teen drama usually implies a CW style show. But if it’s a little heavier than that I’d probably just call it a drama.

Comment

Doesn't genre depend on your story's plot? If your teens are getting picked off by a psycho while partying at a remote cabin, then "teen horror." If they are trying to escape getting drafted by sabotaging their grades so they stay in HS one more year, then "teen comedy."

Comment

-----
            Last edited by Otuken; 04-08-2022, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Otuken View Post

You are right, it is neither horror nor comedy. I was just hesitated to use "teen" word.

Probably better to use just "Drama".
              I guess it depends on what you want to emphasize during the 5 second skim of your email by a gatekeeper. If your research reveals that a production company is looking for teen projects, then using "teen" would seem to be a good choice.

Comment

Working...
              X