Perfectionism, the Art of Procrastination, and Pot.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfectionism, the Art of Procrastination, and Pot.

is anything.

Re: Perfectionism, the Art of Procrastination, and Pot.

"A poem is never finished, only abandoned."
    ---Paul Valery, French poet and critic

Comment

for starters i would drop that smell of romanticism that wafts from your post. people who don't write make up the most poetic sounding reason so they can live with it. there are always reasons why something is not happening.

just write and don't think about how challenged you are with that gift of imagination that is so plentiful it is stopping you from actually writing.

now, doesn't the way i put it sound so much more cheesy than the way you put it.

vig
      Last edited by vig; 09-04-2005, 11:10 AM.

Comment

"A person dies three times. When their body dies. When the last person who knew them dies. When the last person who has heard of them dies."

I'll try and keep the smell as far away from you as possible, vig.

Comment

I think what Vig is trying to tell you is that writing isn't about finished objects; it is about the process. An individual piece may be finished when a writer no longer wants to monkey with it, but writing itself is a disembodied force that uses you for its own ends. As such, you are never finished with writing. Pray the day never comes when writing is finished with you.

Oh, and stop smoking so much marijuana. It kills your productivity.

(At least, that's what I got out of it.)

Comment

"Aw, man. I thought this thread was gonna be about weed... Uh, would you happen to have any? Just enough to get me through the weekend... Please?
            Damn.

"Oh, you do have some. Alright. There you go. Hook a brotha up! (cough) Man, I take back everything I ever said about you. You are righteous!"

"This is some strong sh!t. Damn. Oh, sh!t. What was that noise?! What do you mean you didn't hear anything? Stop looking at me like that. I said, 'Stop looking at me like that, motherfvcker!

"They are on to us, dude. They know where we are. They're coming to get us. Who?! Who do you fvckin' think? Let's get out of here, dude. Bring the script. Bring the fvckin' script we were working on!

"You smoked it up?! You smoked up our fvckin' script! What the hell? Needed rolling paper?! Rollling paper! Sh!t. Now we're almost outta weed, and we don't even have the spec script. I need to stop hanging out with you, that's what I need to do. Fvckin' burnout."
            If you really like it you can have the rights
            It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

A perfectionist is someone who wants everything to be perfect and tries to make it that way. No one is perfect, therefore a perfectionist cannot be perfect.

As far as finished projects. I guess it's finished when it's on the screen.

You NEVER have writer's block? Ever??

I think writer's block is more than just the absence of ideas, don't you? If you have so many ideas milling around in your head that you can't decide on which one to write about or which order they should be in, that is writer's block too. At least it is in my book. The absence of forward motion in your writing. That's writer's block.

So, I ask it again: You've NEVER had writer's block?

Astounding.

Comment

Working...
              X