Is there anyone in here that has really sold a script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone in here that has really sold a script?

I have noticed that this site offeres many options for the beginning writer to help him/her polish up their script, but anyone can find a real script that has been used for a real movie and use it as a guide. I believe the options on here are to pad the pockets of those who own the site and not to really help anyone. If there are any writiers in here that can prove they have sold a script than please respond as I have a hard time believing that many, if any, people have been lucky enough to of sold their script using this, or countless other sites, that are suppose to help the common writers.

Thanks!

Re: Is there anyone in here that has really sold a script?

I believe the options on here are to pad the pockets of those who own the site
    Ha!

There are real pros here. But they're not likely to respond to your strange, rather juvenile little bait. They have no responsibility to prove their cred to you. If you spend some time getting to know the board, you'll figure out who they are pretty quickly.

This site is a wealth of information - some good, some bad. Take what you can use and be glad for the FREE resource.
    They cursed us forever, making us prefer dreams to lives.

Comment

^

LOL, that avatar looks like Kurt Vonnegut's bumhole.

Comment

Originally posted by Animus Zaphodius
        LOL, that avatar looks like Kurt Vonnegut's bumhole.
        Everytime somebody recognizes it, my opinion of the world goes up a little.
        They cursed us forever, making us prefer dreams to lives.

Comment

Um, scriptwriter, DD Will makes no money off this site (the opposite, in fact). He runs it purely as a free resource for aspiring writers. It's here to provide information to help you reach your goals as a writer.
          "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
          ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Take what you can use and be glad for the FREE resource.

i don't think bottomless emphasised this part enough.
            Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

By HERE do you mean just the script pages forum or the whole site?

Most reviewers on the script pages forum are novice writers ranging from total newbies who may or may not stink to somewhat skilled, to very talented but haven't had the stars align for them yet.
              There are a handful that have gotten optioned and are repped by major companies but the movies just haven't happened yet. Then there are some that have placed or won major contests.

All may be able to offer some kind of useful advice to you.
              Even if it consists of, "Um, cows don't have six ****. And they are called teats."
              My experience has been that the majority of the advice given here is pretty reasonable. If it's wrong then someone will correct it.

The pro writers very rarely comment on script pages unless they create a meaningful dicussion. They just don't have time or want to get involved in critiques.
              And they aren't likely to identify themselves.

As was mentioned above, take some time to study the forums. You'll figure out who's who.

The site is FREE, the people who answer your questions do NOT get paid for it. Some people do OFFER services and provide info for other posters to contact them OFF the board. They are NOT affiliated with the site, only allowed to advertise here as long as they are ethical about it.

If you don't like the site then one more sucky attitude aint gonna be missed.

If you change your mind and stay on the site then welcome and good luck with all your projects.
              Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
              by BellaBella

Comment

I've met more creative and wonderful people here, than I have "outside." If you ask them nicely, any of them will go the extra mile to help you out. They're like "family." LOL. Billythrilly? A relative? Ummm.

Comment

Originally posted by scripter1
                  Most reviewers on the script pages forum are novice writers ranging from total newbies who may or may not stink to somewhat skilled, to very talented but haven't had the stars align for them yet.
                  There are a handful that have gotten optioned and are repped by major companies but the movies just haven't happened yet. Then there are some that have placed or won major contests.
                  The pro writers very rarely comment on script pages unless they create a meaningful dicussion. They just don't have time or want to get involved in critiques. And they aren't likely to identify themselves.

I'm curious, has anyone ever gotten noticed (i.e., landed an agent, gotten a meeting, sold anything) by posting his/her work on this site?

Some such happy occurence may have been mentioned on this message board - in the form of war stories passed on - but I probably missed it.

#####

Comment

I almost didn't answer, because there are so many, (MANY) good writers that flit around in the other parts of the forums. Not only that-- there are producers, directors and other people in the business. THEY ARE A WEALTH OF INFORMATION. I personally wouldn't call this "a place to get noticed..." but it is place to network, in a strange sort of way. And usually when you ask for help, there's someone there to lend a hand. But, most are not usually here to read the "scripts" section, LOL. They're here to chat about politics, enjoy a good argument and sharpen their teeth while networking. They enjoy teasing each other with good humor, and you as well. And to answer your question, yes they have sold a script... some as many as eighteen scripts, for real money (wink). I doubt they'll bite... and tell you about it; it's business as usual and maybe, just maybe they don't feel the need to brag about it.

But, hang in there... all this teasing eventually stops-- then they embrace you and remember when they first started... and sooner or later you may have new contacts or have been chatting with a producer when you didn't even know it.

ADVICE: Read scripts, read the great scripts until you can't read anymore. Learn the craft, and practice writing. Then you'll have to something to say that matters, besides "has anyone sold a script here?" You won't care... you'll be wanting to know things like-- "does anyone have a good contact at William Morris?" Or, "can you get me a copy of that last script that sold for five million?"

Best of thoughts to you, and hope you hang in here.

g.

Comment

Hey guys... why do you use so much black on a troll? Use it on your scripts instead...

Comment

Originally posted by fubar
                        Hey guys... why do you use so much black on a troll? Use it on your scripts instead...
                        Entertainment value. That little stunt made me laugh until cherry cola came out my nose!

Quality writing all around, people! More than worthy of the cold pizza I toast you with!
                        "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Because I feel like it. I feel generous. And, I write scripts SEVEN DAYS A WEEK!!!! You Fub?

Comment

I write seven weak scripts a day...

Because I feel like it...

Comment

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                              X