No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make that 1M, times two.

Dear Creative Universe (and those writing in it),

What is Clint Eastwood thinking? Writing, filming and releasing two films with shared story/plot etc. on the same day. Delivering two perspectives that are perhaps audience specific, yet you might want to see both films. A whole new way of telling stories, indeed.

I'm not sure of the details of his WWII films, but I wanted to know your feedback and opinions of such a concept. Why do you think this hasn't been done before and what could be the drawbacks? I'm not looking for reasons to write or not write a similar concept. I just wanted to check the thump of your pulse on the matter.

Truth is, I have written two such screenplays in the last nine months after a 3 year gestation period. I'm slightly biased on the subject of interactive screenplays so I wanted to know what the pens think?

Thank you.
    "Don't blame a fish for swimmin'".

Re: Make that 1M, times two.

From what I heard the 'other' script was written by Haggis' assistant, and then adapted to work in conjunction with Flags of our Father's.

I believe it is entitled 'latterns in the wind' or something like that. From what I understand it is a japanese perspective on Iwo Jima.

Comment

Creative Ex,

Maybe you didn't hear the tone of "What was he thinking?" Of coarse he can and will do what he wants. I wasn't merely asking about his project or the content or the specifics of the screenplays. I was, hopefully, asking creative people if they liked the concept and the many opportunities it might unvail. It seems like a concept that has a lot of room to breath.

Thanks.

Comment

How did Springsteen's albums do when he released two on the same day? I think they did pretty well.

If anybody in Hollywood is the equivalent of Springsteen in popularity, respect, and power, it's Eastwood.

Comment

Refried,

Thank you for the observation. Could the same be said for Nellie or any other recording artist that has approached their art with a similar duality?

Comment

I don't know. Did they do well with their strategy?

Comment

I know Bruce Springsteen and Nellie, sir, is NO Bruce Springsteen.
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Comment

Three different versions of the movie CLUE were released on the same day... and all three flopped.

So, this is nothing new. It just hasn't happened in a while. Problem is that your film is in competition with itself.
                  - Bill
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Creative,

Thanks for the understanding.

Comment

Three different versions of the movie CLUE were released on the same day... and all three flopped.
                      Well, let's be honest. That was a completely different thing. The gimmick was that the exact same film was released with three different ENDINGS on the same day. And they all flopped because the film sucked.

Comment

Yeah, different last reels and the film sucked... but their fiendish plan was to get you to see the film 3 times (and that didn't work).

- Bill (just got back from Warner Bros screening of my new film... it sucks)
                        Free Script Tips:
                        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Working...
                        X