No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Evans' Mantra

From moviebytes, Robert Evans' mantra:

"You have a mediocre film if you can describe it in three sentences. You have a hit if you can do it in two and you have a blockbuster if you can do it in one."

Yippee! My comedy is described in a 25-word sentence. According to Robert Evans I got a blockbuster. The money is as good as in the bank, so I'm writing up my "Must get list."

How about you guys? According to Robert Evans, do you fall under mediocre (Oh, so sorry), hit (All right) or blockbuster (Yippee!)?

Re: Robert Evans' Mantra

I guess that's equivalent to: The higher the concept the more succinctly it can be stated.
    " Life is high school with money. " Frank Zappa

Comment

A womenizer bets the devil he can win back the heart of the woman he left at the altar, or spend eternity as Satan's personal secretary.

vig
      Last edited by vig; 12-09-2005, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vig
        A womenizer bets the devil he can win back the heart of the women he left at the altar, or spend eternity as Satan's personal secretary.

vig

Women plural? Is he a Saudi oil sheikh?

#######

Comment

vig, your story's description is a 26 word sentence.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Welcome to the Blockbuster Club. What's the first thing you're going to buy with your expected riches?

Comment

Describing the plot in 25 words and having a concept that can be distilled it into a 25 word sentence from which a reader instanteously extrapolates/brainstorms their idea of a movie--its key beats, set pieces, conflicts, one-sheet--is not the same thing. If you have such an idea and the script is well executed and perhaps even well written, then youâ€TMre well on your way (not to a blockbuster, but to breaking in).

Of the 10,000 or whatever scripts that are registered with the WGA each year by non-WGA writers, how many fit this profile? 64?
            Last edited by BROUGHCUT; 12-09-2005, 09:53 AM.
            The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

and not so oddly, i have 14 of them.

vig

Comment

But Vig only knows 26 words.
                ENNIS spits in the palm of his hand, puts it on himself.

Comment

Working...
                X