Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When writing affects your state of mind

i noticed just recently that my attitude is kind of locked in to my characters and stories i'm writing.

when i'm writing my mob scripts i'm very cantakerous and quick to attack. but when i'm writing my rom-coms and comedies i'm a lot easier to get along with.

it's really a fact, that my mood is tied to my characters and my state of mind. not like i'm possesed, but i can tell the difference.

anyone else like to add to this, agree, call it a myth, love me long time?

Vig

Re: When writing affects your state of mind

It's called Schizophrenia.
    I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Comment

I believe it's a condition which requires immediate psychiatric therapy.
      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

When I write horror and am in need of getting into the appropriate "place" I make a trip to the basement and spend time with my victims. =]

My attitude isn't locked to the characters and that - perhaps my mindset is one where I give my attention to the life of the story and even though my characters come from me, I see them as people, seperate - so some views and tendencies on their part are not like mine, so I can't relate to necessarily being influenced to the point that I forget how I react in certain situations.

... except for the horror.

Comment

I love you long time.
          myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

You spend so long inside the heads of your characters it's bound to rub off on you. I get it a lot too vig so don't worry, at least if you're fvcking insane you're not the only one.
            twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Originally posted by vig
              when i'm writing my mob scripts i'm very cantakerous and quick to attack. but when i'm writing my rom-coms and comedies i'm a lot easier to get along with...anyone else like to add to this, agree, call it a myth, love me long time?

Vig
              Yep, same thing happens to me. That's why I elected to write Rom/com's only. Keeps me in a better mood.

Comment

What I notice, when I'm writing a lot or really focused on writing, is I become less linear. I tend to be a step or two behind things that are happening or it takes me a minute to process what people are saying.

I'm not really into time normally, but when my inner world dominates the outer, I have a harder time being ... verbally coherent, I guess.

Comment

How long have you been feeling the affect(s) of eating that golf cart? This may have something to to do with rubber.
                  si

Comment

Originally posted by vig
                    i noticed just recently that my attitude is kind of locked in to my characters and stories i'm writing.

it's really a fact, that my mood is tied to my characters and my state of mind. not like i'm possesed, but i can tell the difference.
                    It's an issue with me of late. I recently finished a draft and a half of a horror script. A nasty little affair. I've found myself a little stuck in both the mindset of my characters and the ambience of it, especially since I'm in rewrite purgatory. When I was writing a comedy about ten months ago, I was in a better way.
                    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

ie; recently, I was immersed in everything CHICAGO and while on the phone with someone, I said, "I'm calling from Chicago, Illinois".

lol Me, a Cubs/White Sox fan?

Nonetheless, someone listening to the conversation brought it to my attention.
                      I felt like 'The Gipper'. Yes, you can be ''so immersed'.

and to boot, I added an 's' to Illinois. ****ing sue me!
                      si

Comment

Originally posted by theblondewritr
                        I added an 's' to Illinois. ****ing sue me!
                        You will be hearing from my lawyer shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock
                          You will be hearing from my lawyer shortly.
                          Last edited by theblondewritr; 12-15-2005, 05:29 AM.
                          si

Comment

Originally posted by vig
                            when i'm writing my mob scripts i'm very cantakerous and quick to attack. but when i'm writing my rom-coms and comedies i'm a lot easier to get along with.
                            Write a mob romcom. Scarface meets a Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan vehicle.

'Sleepless with the Fishes'

It'll keep your brain chemistry level

Comment

When F-ckin Henry Met Sally

A goodfella and a UofC grad drive cross country...
                              #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Working...
                              X